What's new

1805!

The best travel creme ever! Simple setup, the razor and brush fit in the copper mug. 1805 is tripple milled so you get consistent results despite varying water hardness depending on where you are traveling.

$1457246664168.jpg

So many classics! It's easy to get lost in the artisans ( which are all awesome) but I haven't given great creams like this the shot they deserve...

Congrats! T&H creams are excellent.
However, milling/pressing yields a very hard/dense soap - not a cream. Also, although a triple-milled (hard) soap lasts longer, it doesn’t have the (inherent) ability to counteract hard water (chelating agents, for example, have the ability to counteract hard water).
On the other hand (as you've noticed), very soft soaps (aka creams, like T&H 1805 cream), tend to work well in both hard water, and soft water, (essentially) equally.

Congrats! T&H creams are excellent.
However, milling/pressing yields a very hard/dense soap - not a cream. Also, although a triple-milled (hard) soap lasts longer, it doesn’t have the (inherent) ability to counteract hard water (chelating agents, for example, have the ability to counteract hard water).
On the other hand (as you've noticed), very soft soaps (aka creams, like T&H 1805 cream), tend to work well in both hard water, and soft water, (essentially) equally.

You're correct, my T&H soap is triple milled, I'm not sure what this cream is? Very forgiving for traveling though and easy to seal up. Do creams have chelating agents in them for this very purpose?

...I'm not sure what this cream is?
A very soft, hot-processed soap. What makes it particularly soft is extra water, and the ratio of different lyes (potassium hydroxide/sodium hydroxide.)
(The milling process is very different, and entails squeezing out excess moisture and air.)

Do creams have chelating agents in them for this very purpose?
Chelators are generally reserved for harder soaps, although some creams do contain them.
T&H creams don't contain dedicated chelators (without detriment to latherability in hard water, IME.)

(Examples of chelators: EDTA, sodium gluconate, tetrasodium glutamate diacetate, sodium citrate/citric acid, etcetera.)

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
The scent alone on the 1805 range makes me feel like a True English Gentleman of the Victorian Age. :euro:

1805 is on my short list!

I took a bunch of soap and cream samples to work to let a couple women I work sniff them and tell me what they liked.., they both went nuts over 1805. One even said "you're not allowed to smell like that one at work because I'll do bad things to your face!" Lol, so yeah, I'll be getting some soon.

I am using such a small amount of this cream for shaving everyday, I just don't understand how I get enough lather for four passes. I think a lot of people must be wasting the heck out of this cream using an almond size amount. It really only takes half that, maybe less. Here is where I am at after 14 shaves.

$1457415343255.jpg

1805 smells like I'm on a beach in the Caribbean surrounded by lush green vegetation and a banquet of fresh tropical fruit. It is a very lovely scent and the cream is top notch.

Yep, I think 1805 is a better aquatic scent than the famous issey miyake l'eau d'issey cologne it's inspired by. Makes for a great aftershave balm scent too.

1805 smells like I'm on a beach in the Caribbean surrounded by lush green vegetation and a banquet of fresh tropical fruit. It is a very lovely scent and the cream is top notch.
My children visited the Mayan peninsula with me, this past December. 1805 reminds them of the beach and jungle :)

The best travel creme ever! Simple setup, the razor and brush fit in the copper mug. 1805 is tripple milled so you get consistent results despite varying water hardness depending on where you are traveling.

View attachment 642612
You are correct sir, it is a great travel soap. When my daughter and son in law came to visit Christmas, mine traveled home with her. I guess a good travel soap not always a good thing. ��

Top Bottom