What's new

B&B Cologne For Canucks

Status
Not open for further replies.
As we Canucks are painfully aware, due to US/Candian restrictions on the cross-border shipment of products containing alcohol, B&B Cologne is not available to us.

Or is it...

Living in a sub-arctic country has made us Canucks an innovative and adaptable breed and this is no exception.

While we will have to work out the details, I'm looking into the feasibility of doing a Canadian group buy of this stuff - we'll either have it mailed to a US address and then brought across the border, or possibly have the bulk shipment sent to Canada. Once the goods are in the country, individual bottles will be shipped out to their final destinations.

Can people let me know if they're interested - I want to gauge numbers, as this will let us know the logistics involved.

As they say, where there's a will, there's a way!

Sorry about a little hijack but

That is a very good plan. I am half tempted to do the same thing for the UK. I would get them here via UPS or someone like that and then distro in country. I bet my costs would be too astronomical however

I would get them here via UPS or someone like that and then distro in country. I bet my costs would be too astronomical however
Last I checked (and this was specifically for getting perfume from the US to Europe using UPS) shipping started at $65, so it could get pricey.

Last I checked (and this was specifically for getting perfume from the US to Europe using UPS) shipping started at $65, so it could get pricey.

There may be other ways besides UPS - you'd have to look into it.

Also, if you got enough folks in to amortize the shipping, it might not be so bad.

All it would take is for a US member who lives near the border to contact a Canada member who lives close and work out a place to meet and drive the cologne across. Might be a little work, but much cheaper.

I would but Texas is a little far.

Actually, there are places along the border (i.e. Connie's Depot in Manitoba) that will receive packages for Canadians so they can drive them across themselves. I live about two hours from one such place and have gone to pick up equipment. The customs people give you a weird look when you tell them you're only going to be across the border for an hour, but I never really had a problem beyond the time I forgot the invoice.

Anyway, if the order goes to one of those places via USPS and gets picked up by a member who lives near the border, it might be cheaper than using a courier.

Edit: Oh yeah, cost is $15 per pallet (no joke), so for a box weighing about 50lb you're looking at $5.

Richie...One option would be to have all of Euro folks ship it to my address...I would in-turn mail it to your Hotel when you are here this summer and you just carry it back in your luggage for re-distribution.

I go up to our my parents cottage every September. It is located right outside of Westport, Ontario. We are right on Wolfe Lake. I am just putting that out there for anyone who is in that area. We have been going to the same place for over twenty years and have never had problems at the border.

Richie...One option would be to have all of Euro folks ship it to my address...I would in-turn mail it to your Hotel when you are here this summer and you just carry it back in your luggage for re-distribution.

Unfortunately, I am moving around a lot this holiday in the US so I wouldn't want the responsibility of a lot of peoples orders on my back. I have yet to work out which hotel I will be in for more than 2 days anyway. I am trying to work out a way of doing this and I will probably have my cheapest option ready by tomorrow

Gents - to make my life easier (its all about me...), can we limit this thread to indications of interest - thanks.

The sooner the better - even if we can't get our act together right now, we can get things in place for the next batch - but the sooner we act the more likely we can get in on the current supply.

I wouldn't mind giving it a whirl. Someone's bound to be near the border and willing to scoot accross for a crate of cologne.

Barring any unforeseen issues, we'll work with Chris or whomever spearheads this effort to try and at least get our friends north of the border some of this cologne (as well as potentially more for those of us below the 49th).

-Nick

Barring any unforeseen issues, we'll work with Chris or whomever spearheads this effort to try and at least get our friends north of the border some of this cologne (as well as potentially more for those of us below the 49th).

-Nick

sounds great! :w00t:

There seem to only be a few folks who are interested in this - which is fine, as it makes life easier.

If there's less than 10 orders involved, I can have the stuff shipped to my hotel when I'm in the US on business.

Bump.

I've got Momo and FloppyShoes.

I'm going to give this one more week before closing it off.

If you want to try this stuff, now's the time to jump on.

I have the August '06 stuff and its great if you like scents that have strong balsam/fir components with a sandalwood heart - great stuff, very potent, very different and very hard to get if you don't live in the US.

I won't even tell you the pain in the rump it was to get this stuff, but it involved a series of coded e-mails to Nick, a dead-letter drop, and a mule (as in the kind who carries stuff across the border, not the 4-legged kind!).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom