What's new

Gillette Vest Pocket Model

R

romsitsa

Mine is nickel plated (it doesn't show any silver patina), and looks like the one to the right on Achims site. Larzones handle is almost similar, but I have a feeling there is a larger distance between the grooves. But it could also be the angle of the photos.
I saw some non Gillette vest pocket razors with the exact same handles so I really don't know how exactly to tell them apart.

Adam

R

romsitsa

Just noticed an advertisement here in Hungary. It is from 2012 and pictures are blurry, but it looks like it is a stamped vienna pocket box with nickel plated head and pure brass ball end handle. I'd say there were sets with mixed finishes.
I'll try to contact the seller somehow.

Adam

Just noticed an advertisement here in Hungary. It is from 2012 and pictures are blurry, but it looks like it is a stamped vienna pocket box with nickel plated head and pure brass ball end handle. I'd say there were sets with mixed finishes.
I'll try to contact the seller somehow.

Adam
Was it NOS?

If it wasn't, the fact that he sold a set with a brassed handle doesn't mean much.

While not a Gillette, i found a rotbart this afternoon at a fleamarket...
proxy.php

R

romsitsa

Definetely not nos, it was well used. How could you tell of a vest pocket, if it is nos, did it have a paper wrap over the tin box or something else?

Adam

While the handle loks a bit tarnished the head looks minty. Picked it up for less than ten.
proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

And all teeth are straight and clean [emoji1]

R

romsitsa

Hello,

Krumholz list besides the Vienna west pocket another one calling it a US model. The picture is bad, the only thing I could figure out is that the case is a rectangle around the size of a Gillette head, the two piece handle is stored underneath the head.
Could someone point to a better picutre?
Did the case any marking, was it plated or brass?

Thanks

Adam

Good day!
Today, I am at a flea market (purchase of used things in Russia) here I bought a razor

$IMG_20160723_151913_edit.jpg$IMG_20160723_151945_edit.jpg$IMG_20160723_152014_edit.jpg$IMG_20160723_152046_edit.jpg$IMG_20160723_152106_edit.jpg

How do you?
I have not yet used this razor stubble to grow :)
Best regards, Alex

R

romsitsa

Although one razor is a mismatch I call this a familiy reunion... Would really like to know how the US vest pocket set looked like.

$image.jpeg $image.jpeg

Adam

Top Bottom