What's new

Gillette Vest Pocket Model

Hello!

I thinking about selling my poscket set but I know nothing about it! I bought the case and head only. It was missing the handle but a gentleman here at B&B gave me a complete handle and told me it was the right handle for my set. I wonder why the head is plated and not the handle? I dont think all plating weared of so was they sold like this?
$20160226_142657~01.jpg$20160226_143746~01.jpg$20160226_143529~01.jpg$20160226_143844~01.jpg

Look at the two collars, they are different and also the long grip section is longer on the handle I think is brass. Can you see it? $1920s Vest Pocket from Erwin Beekmans.jpg

I think you're right about the handle being different. The lenght of the knurled section is clearly not the same. I don't understand why the owner (they're not Achim's pics) used two different handles ... but that's not the point anyway.

The handle is supposed to be plated, like the head. So it'll only be correct if paired with a silver plated handle.

I think you're right about the handle being different. The lenght of the knurled section is clearly not the same. I don't understand why the owner (they're not Achim's pics) used two different handles ... but that's not the point anyway.

The handle is supposed to be plated, like the head. So it'll only be correct if paired with a silver plated handle.
Yeah, I think youre right about that plating. Maybe I'll have it replated.

You are right, it looks like the owner has sent me pictures with two different handles. :huh: Your box is in great condition!

$1920s Vest Pocket from Erwin Beekmans-01.jpg
$1920s Vest Pocket from Erwin Beekmans-05.jpg

Last edited:

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
proxy.php

Here's mine, a brass handle, baseplate and a nickel cap. It came out of an old box, so probably some kind of mismatch.

Cordially,
Adam

Hello brothers and sisters, here's my Franken Vest Pocket razor! I repurposed an old Hoffrtz razor case, and swapped out the Old Type head for a New Short Comb, and after a little paint on the case and a stray blade case, here we have it! A smart little travel razor! Here's some photos-

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1456662365.088236.jpg

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1456662383.152319.jpg

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1456662398.784994.jpg

Have a great day!

Top Bottom