What's new

Vacation Wear

An old vacation guideline,

Put all the clothes you are planning to take on the bed.

Put all the money you are planning to spend on the bed.

Put half of the clothes back in the closet.

Double the money you are planning to spend.

You will have a much better vacation.
Funny...and good advice. When traveling to a new place is hard to know the weather or local customs are really like, or what laundry services are available, hence a tendency to over pack. But my best trips were ones made with a lighter load.

SWMBO: "why did you only bring one sock on our trip?"

Doc4: "BuddinK told me to."
proxy.php

If its a warm sunny place, then T-shirts, khaki shorts, Teva sandals, my Tilley hat, and I'm good to go. Maybe add a golf shirt and chinos for a night out. Maybe. Under no circumstances do I pack socks.

Last edited:
If its a warm sunny place, then T-shirts, khaki shorts, Teva sandals, my Tilley hat, and I'm good to go. Maybe add a golf shirt and chinos for a night out. Maybe. Under no circumstances do I pack socks.
This is pretty much the plan. I know it'll be hot, but checking the weather app, it appears the humidity there is much lower than where I live. I think all but one of the restaurants require a collared shirt and close toed shoes, so I'm thinking chinos, another pair of slacks and some polo and button up shirts. Considering where I'm from, the redneck aura will be there, but there's no need in screaming the stereotype.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
This is pretty much the plan. I know it'll be hot, but checking the weather app, it appears the humidity there is much lower than where I live. I think all but one of the restaurants require a collared shirt and close toed shoes, so I'm thinking chinos, another pair of slacks and some polo and button up shirts. Considering where I'm from, the redneck aura will be there, but there's no need in screaming the stereotype.
A guyabera and linen pants (as well as a Panama hat) may be in order.

SJD will be quite warm so chinos and polos will be fine. Think clothes that will breathe a bit: no jeans, sneakers, socks. I don't think they get the coastal marine layer like San Diego or Ensenada, but even if they do it won't be cooler than 60 degrees (F). The lack of humidity will make it seem a few degrees cooler but make sure to stay a little more hydrated than normal.

Carry a pair of sandals and some dock shoes for dinner and you should be in good shape.

Sorry for the delayed reply, but thanks for all the suggestions. The weather was much more pleasant and drier than home. Ended up getting a nice Panama hat, smoked a couple of Cuban cigars, and had a great time. Wife and I are researching property in Baja as we speak.

Vacation wear? A straw hat, rugged cotton canvas board shorts, barefoot and a minimalist wallet. Maybe tough army boots, if you are kicking in stalls. Check the J. Peterman catalog! :lol:

Top Bottom