What's new

It's a PIF! it's a Pass around! Injectorpalooza!

Slash McCoy

I freehand dog rockets
Okay it is an epic half day adventure for me to ship something. I have 4 injector razors I don't want. Maybe 5. So, I am gonna get rid of all of them in one move. Here's how it's gonna work. First eligible poster will be the lucky recipient. I will send him (or her) all the razors and a pack of blades. He or she can try whichever razor or razors... Try them all if you like. Keep them for whatever you feel is enough time to decide if you like injector razors or not. Post your impressions. If you want to keep one, take your pick. Pass the rest on to the next eligible person who posted. If you use the last blade, buy a pack to pass around with the remaining razors. When all razors have been claimed, that's it. Anyone who wants to, can add another injector razor or two to the PIF. And/or more or different blades.

The objective is to introduce more people to injector razors. To be eligible you must have a brush and know how to lather properly, and be already comfortable with wet shaving using straight, shavette, DE, or SE other than injector type. I ship to CONUS address, only. The next guy can do what he wants. Once I mail it away I leave it up to each succeeding recipient to select the next one, hopefully sticking to the rules I have laid down, interpreted as he thinks fit and fair.

I will ship when I can get to my mailbox which will be some time this week. As it stands now, there are 3 G type and one Stick Schick razor, and a 7 pack of Schick Chinese blades. I may add another razor or two if I run across one I want to get rid of.

So batter UP! Step up to the plate someone, state your eligibility qualifications, and you are first! The next guy will be next, etc.

This is actually a really cool concept. I've been DE shaving since high school and have 4 brushes and a few soaps. I can lather williams so that should show my lathering qualifications LOL

Slash McCoy

I freehand dog rockets
This is actually a really cool concept. I've been DE shaving since high school and have 4 brushes and a few soaps. I can lather williams so that should show my lathering qualifications LOL

Okay, Rob you're it. I forgot to add, anybody who wants in needs to clearly state, "I'm In!" but your meaning is clear. PM me a shipping address and I'll get these off sometime this week probably Thursday. Watch the thread so you know who to send it to when you are done.

I'm really kinda liking the Injectors. I have two E types and just got 2 C types. The blades feel much more like a straight than do DE or regular SE blades, to me. I think if you could get injector blades as cheap as the cheapest DE blades, they would be pretty popular. You just can't cut yourself with a G or E type, in my limited experience with them. The end result is a very satisfactory shave.

Let me get on the list. Been wetshaving for 5 years now. Own too many brushes, too many soaps, and too many DEs . Never too many SEs. I've tried injector before and thought they were too mild. Would love to give them another try.

Here is my standard "I'm in".

I'd like to see this as a all razors stay with the box thing instead of taking anything. I love to try several and buy the one I like as to me that adds more value.

I was adding comments from my phone that I hate to type on instead of the computer. First off thanks to Rob for doing this. I think it's an excellent idea for a PIF that would be an even better passaround box.

The other day when I was looking at all of the Vintage SE injector razors that were made I was wondering about the concept of taking a box of vintage razors injector or SE razors and doing a passaround where users can add but not take any razors. I'd love to see a passaround box like this for a complete collection of vintage user grade DE razors as well. They don't have to be pretty but just have to function properly. The problem is that I don't own even one SR razor and my vintage de razor collection is seriously lacking. I see these razor lot offerings on ebay all the time. Maybe winning one of those or just starting out with three or four would be a great start to something like this.

Who knows maybe I'll start a "I want to buy vintage razors cheap for this purpose" thread in the Gentlemanly Deals Forum.

Last edited:
I'm in! I've been lurking in the SE forum to learn more about injector razors, as they've peaked my interest. Seems like the perfect way to try before I buy. And I have plenty of soaps that I can lather with a brush.

I'd like to be in.

I do have a J1 Schick which I really like. If that disqualifies me, then I understand. Beyond that, I've been a traditional wet shaver for about 6 months, mostly using DE razors.

Slash McCoy

I freehand dog rockets
Good news, injector wannabes! I found another G type lurking on the boat and so now there are 4 G types and one stick shift model. Because there are 5 razors I decided that a single 7 blade dispenser was not enough so I tossed in another one.

When shipping, it is actually a good idea to leave the old blade in, according to some users, because it holds the gap and makes it easier to inject the new blade. Of course removing the blade makes for more effective cleaning and sterilizing so YMMV. Some have old blades in place, some do not. None should be regarded as "sterile" so if you are squeamish about such things, a soak in alcohol would not be inappropriate before use.

I am getting these mailed today to RobsForge, and I leave it to him to ship to the next tryer-outer. I figure probably about half the tryers will elect to keep one so hopefully this will allow 10 guys to try these rather good shavers, and half of them to keep one. And remember it is perfectly okay to add one instead of take one, or to swap one, or add blades. Maybe this thing will spread even more joy to new injector shavers before it dies.

Slash McCoy

I freehand dog rockets
Oh, and please everyone post your impressions of the injector type razor in general, and the model in particular, on this thread, after having your go with them. Loading and shaving is pretty straightforward, but if anyone needs help or has a question, don't be bashful about asking.

I will offer this advice, though, at least for the E and G type Schick razors. Take full advantage of the low shave angle made possible by the very skinny head profile. I actually got best results with a bit more pressure than I use for DE or other safety type razors, but with the very low shave angle. YMMV of course.

In passing, I can't remember when the last time was that I saw injector blades for sale in the U.S. -- but I did see them with some frequency in Japan when I was there around New Year's.

In passing, I can't remember when the last time was that I saw injector blades for sale in the U.S. -- but I did see them with some frequency in Japan when I was there around New Year's.
Amazon carries the Chinese-made Schick blades as well as Personna.

Seeing them in Japan is not too surprising as new razors were available there into the 2000s. They even have twin-blade injector blades available there.

Slash McCoy

I freehand dog rockets
Saw some lately at a grocery. Maybe Robèrt's or Rousse's or Whole Foods. Not cheap though.

Top Bottom