What's new

Badger Blends: Your Homemade Aftershave Mixes

Not sure if this has been mentioned previously, but I have been using a 50/50 mix of Lustray Blue Spice and Clubman with some menthol crystals dissolved for some time. I use it as a cooling splash after my evening showers. I've been calling this Cool Club Spice for about a year. The scents both mix nicely together.

I am intrigued and excited to find this thread. I am new here and had no idea this was a thing. I'm one of those people who can't leave well enough alone and have to experiment because, well, I get bored and there's not much exciting to do around here. I have been keeping a mix going in a large bottle for a while. Portions will be largely a guess at this point, but I have something that is my go-to now. Included are:
Approximately half of it is roughly equal portions of:
Vi-Jon Spice (Family Dollar)
Old Spice

The raining half is:
1 part Clubman Pinaud
1 part Clubman Lilac Veg
1 part Brut
1 part Dickinson's Enhanced Witch Hazel (alcohol free)
1 part Vitamin E

There's a lot happening there, but I find myself going to it over anything else I have. Face feel is great, and the scent is comforting. I have been calling it Home Brew.

someone on another thread suggested Avon Tai Winds and Avon Blend 7. I'm not a fan of Tai Winds, so I thought I'd give it a try. The Blend 7 mellows the more pungent note of Tai Winds very nicely. I've got a 50/50 mix in a small Avon fuse decanter by my sink right now.

I've mixed Pinaud Lime Sec and Avon Leather 50/50 very nice combo

Also mixed 1 part Mennen's Skin Bracer, 1 part Osage Rub, 1 part Florida Water and few drops tea tree oil.

Still perfecting perfecting, but wife likes it.

My first and only blend to date combines 3 splashes -

The initial blend was made up of roughly 60% Ogallala Bay Rum and 40% Ogallala Bay Rum, Limes and Peppercorns. I liked that one a lot, but had another splash in the cabinet that I felt would do better blended. So, I took the remainder of my Honey Bee Garden Key Lime splash (scent vanishes after about 10 minutes) and added that to the above Ogallala blend. Awesome.

Now, I've got a nice splash with an initial burn and great lime presence that also cools my face and then finishes up with that nice, long bay rum warmth.

I've mixed Pinaud Lime Sec and Avon Leather 50/50 very nice combo

Also mixed 1 part Mennen's Skin Bracer, 1 part Osage Rub, 1 part Florida Water and few drops tea tree oil.

Still perfecting perfecting, but wife likes it.
I'll have to try that. Avon Leather has a nice minty dry down that would go well with citrus.

I tried something different today wife like the scent....

2 parts Mennen's Brisk
2 parts Osage Rub
1 part Leather
1 part Old Spice

= Frosted Tricorn

You can always check the wiki to see if a recipe has been suggested or not. I've tried to keep it updated.

Insensitive After Shave Milk

3 parts Nivea Sensitive Post Shave Balm
1 part Fine Snake Bite.

Al the restorative powers of Nivea Sensitive with the curative powers of Fine Snake Bite. Adds the alcohol and menthol missing from the Nivea balm.

Interesting Lime bay rum/whiskey
2 parts Derby city chop shop small batch shave tonic winter reserve
1 part Captain's choice lime

I use an old Captain's choice bottle and just mix up a small bit to have for those days I want something different.

Love this site and would like to share my latest blend. I have returned to Jade East after many years and decided to do a 50/50 mix of Jade East and Stirling Orange Chill. The result for me is excellent. I don't know how these chemical reactions work, but the Orange definitely is longer lasting then using it on it's own, and the Jade East overall aroma is enhanced. I have decided to call it "Jade Orange". My next batch I will add a small amount of Everclear Alcohol. Wonderful skin feel.

Insensitive After Shave Milk

3 parts Nivea Sensitive Post Shave Balm
1 part Fine Snake Bite.

Al the restorative powers of Nivea Sensitive with the curative powers of Fine Snake Bite. Adds the alcohol and menthol missing from the Nivea balm.

Cool name.

Top Bottom