What's new

What is up with shavemyface registering?

Anyone here know what is up with registering at the shavemyface forum?

I cannot seem to successfully register and I have not been able to obtain any advisement from the administrators there.

Of course Badger and Blade is the baseline shave forum with respect to feature functionality:smile:

Let me go check the mail. I have some shave stuff arriving today!

Satch
:shaving:

Why even bother registering at all? I mean they are a good reference if you can't happen to find what you're looking for on B&B, but you can lurk to do that. They seem to have less user features and are less user friendly. They do have some knowledgeable DE's there, but not more so than B&B. Some say they have a larger amount of users.

Why even bother registering at all? I mean they are a good reference if you can't happen to find what you're looking for on B&B, but you can lurk to do that. They seem to have less user features and are less user friendly. They do have some knowledgeable DE's there, but not more so than B&B. Some say they have a larger amount of users.

I'd disagree with you on a few points - but of course I am biased.

Two facts though - 1.) B&B has 8679 members, SMF has 4490 - so they certainly don't have a larger amount of users. 2.) B&B has 606,073 posts and SMF has 324,486.

J

Jarmo P

Shavemyface forum is not so hard as a lurker to read whereas here in B&B I always need to log in to use my classic theme. Otherwise the background is too dark.
Lately B&B server has been very slow.

But I still like B&B better.

Shavemyface forum is not so hard as a lurker to read whereas here in B&B I always need to log in to use my classic theme. Otherwise the background is too dark.
Lately B&B server has been very slow.

But I still like B&B better.

Terribly sorry for that, but we've fixed it. If it happens again - please let us know!

Sorry to see you feel that way. I love SMF and B&B equally, but for very different reasons - kind of like kids. I certainly think they are a worthwhile site worth registering for.

Both sites provide expertise in different areas, with some overlap.

Satch - I'll email the admins over there for you and see if there's some issue.

I emailed the admin and received a boiler plate response indicating that they would not be answering due to large volumes of email. Such is life.

Sorry to see you feel that way. I love SMF and B&B equally, but for very different reasons - kind of like kids. I certainly think they are a worthwhile site worth registering for.

Anyone here know what is up with registering at the shavemyface forum?

I cannot seem to successfully register and I have not been able to obtain any advisement from the administrators there.

Of course Badger and Blade is the baseline shave forum with respect to feature functionality:smile:

Let me go check the mail. I have some shave stuff arriving today!

Satch
:shaving:

check your spam file in email. when i registered over there my spam blocker
put the confirmation email in the spam folder. hope this helps
charliec :biggrin::biggrin:

I agree with you Brent, both sites offer help and advice on wet shaving in their own way. B&B has more bells and whistles and in my opinion SMF is more helpful to the newbie. At least that has been my experience. I am registered at both places and seem to gravitate toward SMF.

I don't know who you contacted, Satch, and that response doesn't sound typical at all. I'm sorry you ran into problems. It's normally a very friendly, stand-up group over at SMF. Here's the reply I received about the registration issue:

The only problems I have heard of are when someone misspells their e-mail address, so that the activation e-mail never gets to them, or if a spam filter junks the activation mail. If any prospective member has such a problem they are welcome to e-mail me and I will manually activate their account.

Chris

I'll PM you with Chris's email address. Simply so it's not posted in the wild for spam, etc.

Please do not mistake my inquiry. I have found the core folks and postings at ShaveMyFace to be quite interesting thus leading my interest into registering there. With all matters of automation there are potential wrinkles. My posting here is merely to find a path under the wire!!

I just got my barber pole slant 39C in the mail yesterday. I am going to shave with it now !!

I appreciate your assistance.

Satch

I know this is an old thread, but I'm also having trouble registering at SMF. After I type my password the second time, it says "the confirmation code is incorrect". I've tried it many times over the past few weeks and have tried contacting the administrators, with no response.

I know this is an old thread, but I'm also having trouble registering at SMF. After I type my password the second time, it says "the confirmation code is incorrect". I've tried it many times over the past few weeks and have tried contacting the administrators, with no response.

I gave up on SMF after 2 attempts a couple years ago.

They were getting spam bombarded, so they disabled the registration process. I tried to register several times, but could not see the animals. I thought it might be my computer or, more likely, user error.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
It can be frustrating when systems don't respond as expected.
I'm reminded of the time time that my Chevy wouldn't start, I tried to contact the dealership several times and finally just went over to the Ford dealership to see what was up.

OldSaw

The wife's investment
Nothing wrong with getting to know the neighbors up the road and around the block. I'm a member on several forums, but this is home.

They were getting spam bombarded, so they disabled the registration process. I tried to register several times, but could not see the animals.....

It that's the case, then I will not waste my time with them any longer. They could have printed a simple message. Instead, they did something that makes you feel like an idiot trying to register over and over again.

Top Bottom