What's new

What's your best budget shave cream?

What is your top pick for a budget shave cream (e.g. under $10)? Bonus points if you can name a matching AS or ASB!

A matching pair that comes to mind for me is Nivea Original shave cream and Nivea Sensitive ASB. Both excellent products for the price.

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
Kiss my face if you can find it as I see it less and less in grocery stores.

Three or four years back,it was Fraziers (Canadian product I believe). You could buy a huge jar for less than $10 and it was above average cream. But I haven't seen it in a while now.

Craig

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
That would be Castle Forbes Lavender (although Lime would also work). While the initial price does not qualify, after over a year of a cream longevity test I found that CF cost me less than half a penny more than Proraso a day with a typical three pass shave. Since I consider the CF considerably better in every department I believe that makes it the best budget shave cream.

When you consider price you have to compare apples to apples - daily product required and size of container - not initial price.

Now if the question is which cream is the cheapest regardless of performance I would have a different answer.

Godrej in the red tube

Maca Root on sale

Bio Palmyra even though they play games with the ingredients list

Biotique is really excellent stuff and not too expensive on Amazon (you'll have to remix it really good when you get it as it separates in transit).
Spieck cream is very good also and a tube is pretty cheap.
C.O. Bigelow (rebranded Proraso Green) is pretty good and low cost.

Arko creams and aftershaves are a bargain, but Palmolive is the best inexpensive cream. Irisch Moos is the closest splash if you want a similar scent to Palmolive, but it costs more than a tenner the bottle.

everyone will poo poo me BUT........

KMF...

$5 a tube, available just about everywhere, and it lathers like a maniac

proxy.php

Three or four years back,it was Fraziers (Canadian product I believe). You could buy a huge jar for less than $10 and it was above average cream. But I haven't seen it in a while now.

Craig

You mean J.M. Fraser's? I have a tub, but I paid more than $10. I believe West Coast shaving still carries it. It is a very good cream though!

imcndn

Top Bottom