What's new

What's your best budget shave cream?

Funny how "budget" is really in the eye of the beholder. Whenever I buy a tube of Proraso Green I feel like I'm being spendy :)
My best budget cream is Nivea when it is on sale at CVS!

Depends on what budget really means. I feel like 20 dollars for tube of something is within most peoples budget unless your super poor. :)
Caties bubbles for cream
Stirling for soaps.

Well CB is considered both a soap and a mid-range one at that but definitions are pretty loose at times. I would say budget would be under $10 for a container because $20 for a tub is actually above the average price for a soap or cream.

Last edited by a moderator:
Let’s see now........

I have a LOT of creams and none of them cost me more than 8 bux at the most so here are a few of my choices:

Palmolive Menthol
Palmolive Classic
Gada Cool Mint
Ingram
Lord Emofresh
Arko Ice Mint

Rick

I just ordered some Derby Lavender shave cream. Anxious to try this budget cream.
My Derby cream arrived and yes, as expected, it is a lather monster. Easy to build a full, slick lather with just a small amount of cream. The strength of the scent is just too much for my scent-sensitive nose. I did, however, give it to my son who is using it every day and he raves about it. Great cream for a bargain price!

I received my order of Arko Sensitive shave cream and I must say, this is a wonderful cream. No scent to speak of, maybe a mild lavender scent, and this cream is a lather monster. Top shelf for this budget cream!

I really Nivea as a cream to mix with Wilkinson Sword soap, but it seems to have disappeared from brick & mortar stores in my area.
I don't like the scent of WS by itself, but the bland scent of the Nivea moderates it into something completely different.
I call it my "Blue Monday" superlather.

The Real Shaving Co. sensitive or moisturizing. Same "3T's" quality without the scents (though it has a nice, mild scent to my nose).

It's still around but it's probably not as much of a bargain if you have to pay for shipping. I found it in a TJ Maxx.

Real Shave Co. Love the scent, nice and slick, lathers easy. RiteAid did not renew their contract so I don't think there are any US retailers now.

Found the Moisturizing version at TJ Maxx. Would be worth searching if you have one or a Marshall's near by.

The Real Shaving Co. sensitive or moisturizing. Same "3T's" quality without the scents (though it has a nice, mild scent to my nose).

It's still around but it's probably not as much of a bargain if you have to pay for shipping. I found it in a TJ Maxx.
Agreed....i picked up a dozen tubes of this back when i was in England a few years ago. I love this product. Was using a travel size one of these on my recent vacation. I found it in a gift set with brush and mug in TJ Maxx.

Also Proraso can be had for around $5 at Marshalls/Burlington Coat Factory here in the USA. I picked up half a dozen tubes and another 6 or so tubs a couple months back. Can never go wrong with Proraso Green/Red

Last edited:
Palmolive "Classic" and "Mentholated" tubes. Who would have thought? Really nice, creamy, slick lather that doesn't clog my razor. The smell is very, very nice on both. The mentholated version is a bit more frosty than Proraso green. The price is ridiculously cheap for a product that I would be just as happy to use as the higher priced shave creams.

Picked one Palmolive classic for less than 1Euro. Very impressed! Speick also gives me a bang for the buck!

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom