What's new

Glissant release schedule from Barrister and Mann?

I don't think there is a solid release schedule yet. So far it has just been the LE/seasonal few that were brought out with it. LGC had the original with almond oil? in it and then they changed it to safflower oil in Fireside and Night Music due to allergy concerns. I think once the recipe is finalized and they know it doesn't have some other issues, and they get all new labels made, they will introduce it into the main line.

I don't think there is a solid release schedule yet. So far it has just been the LE/seasonal few that were brought out with it. LGC had the original with almond oil? in it and then they changed it to safflower oil in Fireside and Night Music due to allergy concerns. I think once the recipe is finalized and they know it doesn't have some other issues, and they get all new labels made, they will introduce it into the main line.

Should we hold off on buying any of their soaps until they implement the switch, then?

How much better is the glissant, anyways?

I like it better than the normal base. It is supposed to lather quite a bit better in hard water.

If you like their soaps I would not hold off, but I would not stockpile any either. Their Latha line will stay the same so buy as much of that as you want.

I decided to just ask them some questions on Facebook, and this was the response pursuant to Glissant releases for existing products:
"Within the next six months? We're redesigning our packaging and will be changing various scents over to Glissant when we release their new packaging designs. Sorry I don't have a more concrete date. :-/"

For me, much as I already love B&M soaps, the Glissant base is so good that I'd consider going with ones made with Glissant as they arrive. The current stock of Fireside has it, and the new seasonal releases will all use it. As Will mentioned, the main "white label" line will move to Glissant gradually. I guess I'd better get through my non-Glissant versions pretty soon in that case. :)

For me, much as I already love B&M soaps, the Glissant base is so good that I'd consider going with ones made with Glissant as they arrive. The current stock of Fireside has it, and the new seasonal releases will all use it. As Will mentioned, the main "white label" line will move to Glissant gradually. I guess I'd better get through my non-Glissant versions pretty soon in that case. :)

Yeah, it sounds like there's enough of a difference that I should wait on Lavanille; I almost wish I'd waited on Leviathan too, now, in retrospect.

No reason to feel any regret about Leviathan: it's a great soap, and a great scent! Before Glissant, B&M has still been top-notch. It's actually notable that he took it one step further. Plus now you have a year with Leviathan rather than waiting until the new version this fall. :001_smile

Bay Rum expected *latest* by February 2017.
Sorry I don't have anything more, it was a one track query.
The seasonals and Seville are already coming out as promised.

Top Bottom