What's new

Love my job, but.

I'm in a chef coat and loose poly cotton pants six out of seven (five if I'm lucky!) And wear a nice jacket whenever I leave the house on the random off day. I gave one pair of jeans that I will absolutely not change he oil in my Jeep nor mow the yard... I like looking nice when I can :)

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
"I love my job . . . " Stop right there. Do you have any idea how many people can't say that?

I hear what you're saying, but I'll bet you could find some time on the weekend to dress any way that makes you happy. Then you'd be happy all the time.

"I love my job . . . " Stop right there. Do you have any idea how many people can't say that?

I hear what you're saying, but I'll bet you could find some time on the weekend to dress any way that makes you happy. Then you'd be happy all the time.

Believe me, I feel very blessed to be in my career field - you are SO right about that.

Lots of folks would kill to be able to dress so casually (and cheaply) for work and to have the opportunity to be out and about and not tied to a desk, assembly line, etc.

I used to travel about 2,000 - 2,500 miles per month. Had a company car which was a huge money saver.

Lots of folks would kill to be able to dress so casually (and cheaply) for work and to have the opportunity to be out and about and not tied to a desk, assembly line, etc.

You are correct. I was one of them, and as I said - I love what I do. I don't take it for granted at all.

In the microcosm of this area of the forum, I was simply talking about the desire to sometimes change things up a bit.

If I came across as anything but appreciative of my career, that wasn't my intention and I sincerely apologize. There are people who are out of work and would love to have any job that pays the bills. In that vein, I may have come across in a way I did not intend.

I got your message and there was no ingratitude taken. I was just making another observation.

I went many years wearing jeans to work and now I have to wear a tie. It is really no big deal, but I prefer the very casual look.

Plus, I think it is cool that you sell a product that literally saves lives. That has to be rewarding.

You are correct. I was one of them, and as I said - I love what I do. I don't take it for granted at all.

In the microcosm of this area of the forum, I was simply talking about the desire to sometimes change things up a bit.

If I came across as anything but appreciative of my career, that wasn't my intention and I sincerely apologize. There are people who are out of work and would love to have any job that pays the bills. In that vein, I may have come across in a way I did not intend.

I can feel your pain buddy. I wear a bullet proof vest and a duty belt for twelve hours a day. Most of that time riding in a patrol car. But I do have glock on hip : )

proxy.php

Top Bottom