What's new

Love my job, but.

As a Pacemaker Rep, I spend 90% of my day in Scrubs. When I get home from the gym, I am so wiped from the day that I throw on the sleep wear at 7:00 and veg the rest of the night.

I LOVE my job, but sometimes it would be nice to wear some classy clothes all day at an office, Glock on my hip, and not put 1300 miles a month on my car.

On the other hand, scrubs and sneakers are pretty comfortable. I change things up with my watches - about the only thing with which I can accessorize.

So thanks for all the threads here in the Haberdashery. It's my way of living vicariously through your sense of style :thumbup1:

Yup, a beautiful pen in your pocket, and your scrubs will be forgotten.

But why must your wear sneakers? There are lots and lots of real nice shoes to consider too!

Yup, a beautiful pen in your pocket, and your scrubs will be forgotten.

But why must your wear sneakers? There are lots and lots of real nice shoes to consider too!

Even with shoe covers, the chance of getting blood on them during surgery - or walking through a muddy parking lot on a rainy day - keeps me from wanting to ruin nice shoes. And being on my feet all day, running shoes are a must.

Even with shoe covers, the chance of getting blood on them during surgery - or walking through a muddy parking lot on a rainy day - keeps me from wanting to ruin nice shoes. And being on my feet all day, running shoes are a must.

Yeah. My wife is a nurse, and all you are ever gonna see is running shoes. They gross her out enough that they stay in the garage and entry, she washes her hands after she put them on or takes them off... I can't imagine her wearing nice shoes, even if they were comfortable enough to be on your feet for 12 hours plus.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
When I get home from the gym, I am so wiped from the day that I throw on the sleep wear at 7:00 and veg the rest of the night.

Perhaps a nice velvet smoking jacket?

proxy.php

(tobacco optional!)

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
The grass always is greener on the other side of the fence.

I spent plenty of time in suit and tie, plenty of time in "classy" clothes, and plenty of time in a nurse aide uniform. No matter what, it seemed I always wanted what I didn't get to wear . . . until I just realized that it all was comfortable and the best for the job I enjoyed.

I'm self-employed, work out of my home, and I still put 12-13k per year on my car. How? C'est la vie.

As far as the Glock on your hip, have fun in the movies, cuz that's really the only place you get to do that sort of thing.

In other words . . . . You got it pretty good, man.

I LOVE my job, but sometimes it would be nice to wear some classy clothes all day at an office, Glock on my hip, and not put 1300 miles a month on my car.

I'm with you on this! I wear an airman battle uniform everyday and I certainly can't carry a weapon on base. But, I'm transitioning out of active duty and into a civilian job so hopefully I can wear some nicer clothes as well.

Does your employer require you to wear scrubs? I'm onsite at hospitals all the time and frequently wear a suit, shirt and tie, or a golf shirt.

Does your employer require you to wear scrubs? I'm onsite at hospitals all the time and frequently wear a suit, shirt and tie, or a golf shirt.

No, but just as soon as I wear something else there will be an unexpected implant and I will have to change into scrubs anyway.

Don't get me wrong - I do love the ease and comfort of scrubs. It's just that every once in a while I would like to change it up a bit. Really just nit picking here. But since I got back in shape, I actually like throwing on the khakis and a fitted button down.

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
Just start dressing up in suit and tie whenever you're not at home, the gym, or work. Need to go get some groceries? ...Three piece suit. Picking up some supplies at Home Depot? ...A blazer, bowtie, and some slacks. People on the street don't know what you do for a living. Some buddies of mine and I have gone out bar hopping wearing nice suits or formalwear. It's entertaining to see how different people react when they think you're worth big bucks (which is funny, because every wealthy person I know would never wear something like that to a bar). It's a sure-fire way to get the attention of some ladies without needing to say much. In other words, rock some formalwear for any occasion, if you really want to.

Just start dressing up in suit and tie whenever you're not at home, the gym, or work. Need to go get some groceries? ...Three piece suit. Picking up some supplies at Home Depot? ...A blazer, bowtie, and some slacks. People on the street don't know what you do for a living. Some buddies of mine and I have gone out bar hopping wearing nice suits or formalwear. It's entertaining to see how different people react when they think you're worth big bucks (which is funny, because every wealthy person I know would never wear something like that to a bar). It's a sure-fire way to get the attention of some ladies without needing to say much. In other words, rock some formalwear for any occasion, if you really want to.

This is actually a pretty good idea. Who needs a reason to dress nicely, right? Well played, sir.

Top Bottom