What's new

Soap/cream recomendations

Hi everyone!

About a month ago after my cartridges ran out, I bought a Parker 24c, some Gillette Silver Blues, an Omega boar brush, and a stick of Arko. My first couple of shaves were excellent! I had a few issues, but I remedied most of them. I have sensitive-ish skin and maintain a full beard. Face Lathering is out and the Arko was a little bothersome so I bought the white Proraso. It works fine in conjunction with the Nivea sensitive skin post shave balm I picked up, but the scents aren't much to speak of. I'm interested in the description of some of the scents of TOBS, Barrister and Mann, CF, etc. Could anyone recommend something from one of these that works for somewhat sensitive skin? Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I recommend sticking with the unscented or gently scented soaps and creams, and using aftershaves or colognes for the scents you like. This is the best product I found for my sensitive skin http://www.nuluvgoatmilkproducts.com/product/billy-goat-scruff the website sucks, but the soap is awesome. TOBS Avocado smells like cucumbers to me, lathers unbelievably well and is my second choice if you must go with a big name brand, its the one I would recommend.

$worms.jpg

I have heard the Mystic Waters Sensitive is magic for guys with sensitive skin. I love Michelle's soaps but I have tried sensitive as I am luck enough not to have majorly sensitive skin. Good luck in your search but this would be my suggestion.

Awesome! I'll be sure to check out some of the aforementioned products, and since the proraso white has been working well as a soap i'll stick with it for a bit. Thanks for the advice everyone!

Unless you happen to be allergic to lanolin, MWF is a good one. I have somewhat sensitive skin, and it's very kind to my face -- especially in dry cold weather.:thumbup1:

My $0.02...

Arko may still be a good option if you just use it a little differently. Get a $10 lather bowl. The textured Turkish copper ones are excellent. With a thumbnail, scrape off a pumpkin-seed's mass of Arko into the bowl, stir with the wet brush, and raise a great lather.

I would not recommend that you shave with worm goo. It may be all natural, organic and environmentally friendly but it gums up your razor horribly and leaves a very earthy, almost dirt-like, scent.

(Yes, I get the original implication.)

Unless you happen to be allergic to lanolin, MWF is a good one. I have somewhat sensitive skin, and it's very kind to my face -- especially in dry cold weather.:thumbup1:

My $0.02...
+1
And... if you want a special treat, mix in a little Mr. Taylors or St. James St. TOBS cream and you get a creamy cushioning super slick lather (with great aromas) second to none.

MWF sounds like it's getting a good number of backers, so I think I'll try that next (though I do enjoy sandalwood, so TOBS will get a ook as well). I have some Original B&M Latha on its way in the mail currently. Excited to see how that performs.

Top Bottom