What's new

Made a lotion.

Legion

Staff member
SWMBO and I decided to make each other valentines day gifts.

She suffers from dry skin, and I have caught her hitting her elbows and knees with olive oil in the kitchen from time to time. :001_rolle

So I made her a lotion.

Ingredients;

Olive oil
Shea butter
Coconut oil
bees wax
A little splash of vanilla essence and lavender essential oil for scent.

I kind of eyeballed the ratios, but she says it is good, time will tell. I used myself as the test subject when I was making it, and it seemed good, but I don't have dry skin, so it's hard to tell.

Anyone else done anything similar?

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Sounds like a decent base mixture, and the vanilla/lavender sounds delish... :) I would suggest, adding just a touch of distilled water and/or witch hazel and some vegetable glycerin, for a balm like consistency.

I make a shave balm for my wife which she really likes.

SWMBO and I decided to make each other valentines day gifts.

She suffers from dry skin, and I have caught her hitting her elbows and knees with olive oil in the kitchen from time to time. :001_rolle

So I made her a lotion.

Ingredients;

Olive oil
Shea butter
Coconut oil
bees wax

A little splash of vanilla essence and lavender essential oil for scent.

I kind of eyeballed the ratios, but she says it is good, time will tell. I used myself as the test subject when I was making it, and it seemed good, but I don't have dry skin, so it's hard to tell.

Anyone else done anything similar?

Sounds greasy, tell us how it works.

Legion

Staff member
Sounds greasy, tell us how it works.

It is a little greasy if you use too much, but if you just use a dab it absorbs ok.

That's very cool and thoughtful as well. Hope she enjoys the lotion.

What did she make for you?

Haha. She tried to paint my picture. It went so wrong that she ended up glueing coloured macaroni to it to add to the "effect". At least it made me laugh.

Legion

Staff member
Update. The lotion is a hit, and I have already had an order for a second batch.

It is a bit oily, but she is African American, and suffers from dry skin. She also has a little bit of eczema, and apparently my lotion is good for that.

She has her shower, puts some on, then lets it absorb while she gets ready, puts on her makeup, etc. Then if needed she wipes off any excess.
It smells nice, too. I'm still going to experiment with the recipe, but for a first try I got the thumbs up. I have a recipe for a lip balm too, and I only need to buy a couple of extra ingredients to make that.

I'm glad she likes it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom