What's new

The Sprout-2016

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Nice pick up Aaron. Will you be planting some as soon as the arrive?
A tomato named Hillbilly Potato Leaf......interesting.

Yeah, my thoughts too. It's multi-colored red/yellow/orange.

$0979-hillbilly-potato-leaf-tomato.jpg

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
I have no room. But they were on sale so I clicked the clicker. Around here I could start seed in February.

Cool.

I have a cheap and nasty poly tunnel in my garage, that I need to set up. It's 6 meters x 3 meters (19.6 feet x 9.8 feet)
Hoping it can withstand a good Wellington wind. I will sow some more tomato seeds in Feb' and hope to extend the tomato season in the poly tunnel. All going well I can get this up sometime next week. Weather and other commitments pending.

Looks good Aaron, we've grown the Isis, Cherokee and i think the Blondkopfchen years ago. The Isis is super sweet and productive. Grew them until i'd used up all the seeds.

From 2013, the Isis is the orange one, like a furless apricot. The black one is an Indigo Rose, we've tried many 'black' tomatoes and this is the blackest one we've grown so far,

proxy.php
dave

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
These guys are crazy smart. An exterminator told a story about raccoons living in someone's garage. They couldn't figure how it got in and out of the garage. Finally staked it out. The raccoon crawled down from the rafters pressed the garage door opening button and left the garage. Nutz.

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
I saw some red habanero seedlings while out today. They spoke to me......take me home Chris, I want to grow up and be a crazy kiwi hot sauce.
Well how could I leave them there. :001_cool:

$20161001_122525.jpg

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
My tomatoes plants have recovered nicely. They responded to a simple aspirin, baking soda and water spray. I did spray on some copper fungicide too though. The cooler weather they like. The leaves have toughened into a leathery like texture.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Went to farmers market yesterday and picked these:

$image.jpg

The he garlic is a very old variety from deep Mexico. The little nodules on the stalks are edible mini-garlics. They don't grow scapes.

$image.jpg

$image.jpg

A fare bit of fire power there, what are your plans?

Made jelly with the ghosts and scorpions i grew a few years ago, it goes a long, long ways!

dave

Sorry for the late reply.

I have some salt I am going to smoke and I am going to smoke and dry the peppers and mix some with salt and use what is leftover and crush them up into a powder.

That's a very different looking pepper plant. Is it multi-stemmed or are there a number of different plants in the pot? Tiny leaves?

Here, looks like some creature has taken a healthy sampling of one of the Chocolate Scorpions.

dave

edit, the next post i read was your details in Hot Sauce Junkie

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
That's a very different looking pepper plant. Is it multi-stemmed or are there a number of different plants in the pot? Tiny leaves?

Here, looks like some creature has taken a healthy sampling of one of the Chocolate Scorpions.

dave

edit, the next post i read was your details in Hot Sauce Junkie

Yeah, it's multi-stemmed with tiny little leaves. Here are a few adult pictures:

$6151_IMG00277.JPG$chili-pequin-by-l-page.jpg$chile pequin1.jpg

It does well in winter and summer.

Thanks Aaron, the name was not new but i'd never seen one. Will be a cool looking addition to your garden, little teardrops of fire.

dave

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
Cool pepper plant Aaron.

I have been busy turning over the garden and erecting the poly tunnel I bought months ago.
It was a real PITA, parts mislabeled and some that did not even match the parts list.:mad3: I ended up having to cut some wood to bridge the gap on every bottom corner. It's a cheap one, so I just hope it can last a good Wellington wind. It has the fence to take the brunt of the northerly.
Size 3 x 6 meters / 9.8 x 19.6 feet.

$20161005_180050.jpg

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Cool pepper plant Aaron.

I have been busy turning over the garden and erecting the poly tunnel I bought months ago.
It was a real PITA, parts mislabeled and some that did not even match the parts list.:mad3: I ended up having to cut some wood to bridge the gap on every bottom corner. It's a cheap one, so I just hope it can last a good Wellington wind. It has the fence to take the brunt of the northerly.
Size 3 x 6 meters / 9.8 x 19.6 feet.

View attachment 693356

I love that thing Chris. You can put a lot of plants in there. We're ganna need more pictures.

Top Bottom