What's new

Shaving cream experiment

I had four little bits of shaving soaps laying around that were not getting much use, but I couldn't quite make myself throw them away. None of them compared well to my favorite cream (Castle Forbes) so I had quit using them. I filled a pot with about an inch of water, put a container in the water and then melted all the soaps and mixed them along with a tablespoon full of avocado oil. Tried my witches brew tonight and it resulted in a really good shaving cream. The avocado oil softened it to croap viscosity.

$20160212_232906.jpg

Happy to hear that it worked out well for you. I do have to say that it looks a lot like peanut butter.

I went to shave with a tail end piece of shave stick and melted the whole thing. Don't use boiling water.
I make soap with sweet almond oil. It helps to use boiling water to prepare for a shave

Happy to hear that it worked out well for you. I do have to say that it looks a lot like peanut butter.

Glad it worked out for you, Brian, but it kind'a looks like the cat had already recycled it.

Yeah no doubt, totally looks like crunchy PB!

Totally agree, it looks awful! Surprisingly it smells pretty good. It is a mixture of cavendish, bourbon, chocolate, some smokey fragrance, and an unscented. None of them on their own was the equal of my favorite, but the added avocado oil seems to have been the key to the mixture. Skin still feels great this morning.

I had several soap slivers that I just mashed into the bottom of a bowl. I'll have to try the oil idea

With a straight razor I seem to put more importance on glide than I do cushion. That was the thought process that led me to the avocado oil anyway.

Totally agree, it looks awful! Surprisingly it smells pretty good. It is a mixture of cavendish, bourbon, chocolate, some smokey fragrance, and an unscented. None of them on their own was the equal of my favorite, but the added avocado oil seems to have been the key to the mixture. Skin still feels great this morning.

Brian, if you are pleased with it, that's all that matters. If it works, then you have succeeded. Just don't be surprised if your cat comes sniffin' around and attempts to bury you in the sandbox.:thumbup:

Heck, Brian! That wouldn't mean you were twisted.....just nasally challenged!! Nah, look, Brian.....if you really want to spice up the brew,
add some'a that Fisky Crunchy Fish Mix to the concoction and the cats will lick your beard away!! Won't even have to lather up! Ya gotta think on your feet! There is more to this wet shavin thing than meets the eye!! Oh, what a man has to endure to inbibe in the life of luxury nowadays.

Top Bottom