What's new

Things you may be missing if you don't venture out of the Shave Clinic

I think that most importantly, if you do not venture out of the Shave Clinic, you'll certainly be missing out of the forum that writes with fountain pens: The Nib! :thumbup:

And, if you are a Stay-At-Home in the Shave Clinic, you could miss this PIF for OCONUS Active duty and Vets.....

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/485733-The-HEY-TROOP-PIF

which ends on 1 May 16... just one of many great PIFs out in the Big World of B&B.

Thanks, gents! :thumbup1:

Sheashaves710 is currently PIFing some Beaver WoodWright's soap. Here is the eye candy:

proxy.php

A nice opportunity to try a soap that probably isn't in your den: http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/489379-PIF-Beaver-WoodWright-Captain-s-Pipe-Shaving-Soap

[MENTION=108785]macnutty[/MENTION] has a PIF going for a couple of nice injector razors. While this one is already in the shave clinic, I am not too proud to give it a little bump here as well. This is a great opportunity to branch out if you have only been using a cart or a DE. Here is the eye candy:

View attachment 657173View attachment 657174View attachment 657175

The razor with the lighter handle (e type) is one of my personally favorites, and both are capable of delivering some top notch shaves.

Check out the original post here: http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showth...ple-of-Schick-Injectors?p=8220062#post8220062

@macnutty has a PIF going for a couple of nice injector razors. While this one is already in the shave clinic, I am not too proud to give it a little bump here as well. This is a great opportunity to branch out if you have only been using a cart or a DE. Here is the eye candy:

View attachment 657173View attachment 657174View attachment 657175

The razor with the lighter handle (e type) is one of my personally favorites, and both are capable of delivering some top notch shaves.

Check out the original post here: http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showth...ple-of-Schick-Injectors?p=8220062#post8220062
Thanks for the bump!

I think referring to the following as eye candy would be entirely misleading: http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showth...-of-the-Haberdashery-s-Hawaiian-Shirt-contest

That being said, a few brave members have donned their best Hawaiian shirts and they are just begging to be judged. If you feel up to the task, follow the link and pick your favorite. If you are so inclined, these contests pop up from time to time in The Haberdashery and the winner is often in line for receiving a custom title and/or a more tangible prize.

Hey folks, @Richard_Harris is hosting a nice PIF for a couple of classic open comb razors. Check it out here:

I'm very happy to PIF two Gillette razors - A NEW SC and LC in excellent condition. I would like to give them to someone who is relatively new to DE shaving and doesn't have either of these razors but wants to try them. Sorry CONUS only.

They are well known as being some of the best razors Gillette ever made. I have the razors I want and do not want these back.

Please; if you do not like one or both of them then pass them/it on to another member and if the razor works for you by all means keep it. Just don't sell it /them

I will pay for shipping.

So many have been very informative and all so nice that I'm inspired to do this. I will use random generator.org to select the winner.

The PIF ends at 5pm on may 31st.

View attachment 661371View attachment 661372View attachment 661373View attachment 661374

[MENTION=108785]macnutty[/MENTION] has a nice PIF going for GEM SE razor and some Mama Bear soaps. Here is the original post if you are interested.

The razor was part of a mixed lot I bought. I am contented with the diversity of DE razors and blades and so this one will likely be neglected. It is a Gem model 1912 and I am not sure of the year of manufacture. I cleaned it up a bit, but give no guarantee as to their usability or sterility. Also on offer is a dispenser with 9 SE blades, and three gently used Mama Bear soap pucks (Bonsai, Elements of Bamboo, and Vetivert). I really like these soaps, by the way. I ordered five and picked two I liked best (Energy and Czar's Choice) and plan to buy full sized pucks soon. Now for the terms:

1. CONUS only

2. The person entering must not have an SE razor of this type, nor ever used one, and should have a genuine interesting in trying one.

3. The person should post their experience with them. This can be a separate thread if the person wants to retain plausible deniability concerning winning the PIF.

I will keep the entry time open until Sunday May 29th at 5:00 p.m. CST. I will make the selection using a random number generator. Once selected I’ll PM you to let you know and get your mailing address. If I do not hear from you in 48 hours I will select another winner.

View attachment 660136View attachment 660137

Everybody looks for something different in their shave soap. For me, nothing is more important than slickness. Here is a collection of posts that point you toward some super slick performers: http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/491368-Slickest-lathering-soap

I have a hard time beating soaps like i Coloniali and "Mystic Water.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

-RJ, Chicago ----
"Mystic Water"​
STEWARD of the Shave Clinic & Newbie Check-In
Nice to meet you, stop by the HALL of FAME and introduce yourself!

What does that mean? Check out B&B Acronyms --- Load it like you hate it with the 3017ers
​B&B Bingo: Shave Clinic & Newbie Check-In Edition

Don't know what is in the air, but folks are feeling generous here at B&B. I am not even going to describe the content of this awesome PIF because I don't have all day! Just know that if you are located in the CONUS, you have a shot at an amazing instant den upgrade courtesy of [MENTION=88145]8206chap[/MENTION]. Here is the original post and the eye candy for your enjoyment:

I've enjoyed reading Badger & Blade and wanted to repay all those who selflessly contribute far more than I. My PIF is simply a function of having far more items that I truly need. Time for others to make better use of them.

View attachment 662628

Some notes on what's included:
1) Brush and razor stand in excellent condition
2) Gray travel brush case that will fit most size brushes
3) (from L to R) Jagger Best Badger; Parker BHST Silvertip: Parker BCPB Pure Badger
4) Approximately 80-85 Personna Lab Blues
5) 2 unopened bottles of Pacific Pre-Shave Oil
6) 8 Feather blades
7) 1 unopened Pacific Nick Stick
8) Black imitation leather travel case for DE razors. Fits the Merkur 23C long handle with ease.
9) Merkur 23C long handle DE razor
10) Merkur 34C short handle razor

Nothing fancy here. Just tell me you're in and I'll select via RNG. I'll pay shipping - Open to Continental U.S. only. PIF closes 6/7/2016.

Top Bottom