What's new

PIF: Gillette 1948-1950 Aristocrat CONUS

Slash McCoy

I freehand dog rockets
For the lucky winner, a 1948-1950 Gold Aristocrat Non-adjustable TTO DE razor.

Nothing wrong with this razor, functionally. I just happen to find myself with 4 DE razors and my limit is 2, so I am giving away the only non-adjustable of the bunch. Some scuffing on one end of the baseplate, considerable plating wear on the handle, and some scratching on the barn doors. This is a user, not a show-er, and comes with no case or bladebank. Just a good honest TTO shaver that should last another 100 years or so.

I want this razor to do somebody some good, so it is only open to those with at least 20 posts on this board and who can use PM to send me a shipping address, and own at least one brush and a soap or a proper cream. Furthermore, those who already own a non-adjustable Aristocrat are not eligible. If you own other DE razors you can still be in. CONUS only, please. I am not messing with customs forms and overseas shipping, sorry. My generousity only extends as far as the value of this thing I do not need, and not a bunch of my time and bother.

To be in, please state:
Brush and soap you already own
DE razors you own
Country that you live in
Why you want to try an Aristocrat
and last but not least, those joy-filled and hopeful words, "I'M IN!"

I will close this PIF whenever I get up Wednesday morning, 17th of February, and randomly select a number between 1 and the number of posts. If that post is not an eligible "I'm In" post, I will select another random post number etc, then announce the winner, notify by PM and request a shipping address, then ship Friday afternoon.

I will try to post a pic tomorrow. Kinda busy today.

Last edited:
Muhle black badger, Pre de Provence, Provence Sante, Arko
Feather Popular
USA
I've used other Gillette DEs but never an aristocrat, I would like to see how it shaves. Especially the OC version. I have never shaved with an OC TTO razor.
I'm in. Thank you for the opportunity.

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
Brushes: 21. Simpson, Rooney, M&F, Rudy Vey
Soaps: Mama Bear, DR Harris, Pre de Provence, G.F. Trumper, TOBS, Arko, many others
Razors: Merkur Futur, Numerous Gillettes
Live in the U.S.
I do have an Aristocrat, but it is pledged to a giveaway, so soon I won't have one. It this disqualifies me, no problem
I don't want it for myself. I will PIF it to an Active Duty military member
I'm in

Not it, as I do not have 20 post yet. Very nice PIF. Would have been a great place to start for my first DE razor.
Congrats to who ever wins this

Last edited:
Brush - synthetic Omega
Soap - home brew
Razors - 2 OLD type, travel tech
Country - Good ol' US of A
Why - Wan't to try a razor with "barn doors".
"I'M IN!"

Great PIF! I'm in the U.S.

The more vintage Gillettes I try, the better I like them. So a different one is intriguing.

My current favorites are my 1930's New and my Fatboy. I also have a few Merkurs, an Ikon, a RazoRock Slant.

My favorite everyday brush is a Rooney Heritage Victorian (superbadger). My soap is Nuàvia Blu.

Looking forward to the results.

Slash McCoy

I freehand dog rockets
Muhle black badger, Pre de Provence, Provence Sante, Arko
Feather Popular
USA
I've used other Gillette DEs but never an aristocrat, I would like to see how it shaves. Especially the OC version. I have never shaved with an OC TTO razor.
I'm in. Thank you for the opportunity.

This one not OC but you still in unless you want out.

Slash McCoy

I freehand dog rockets
Brushes: 21. Simpson, Rooney, M&F, Rudy Vey
Soaps: Mama Bear, DR Harris, Pre de Provence, G.F. Trumper, TOBS, Arko, many others
Razors: Merkur Futur, Numerous Gillettes
Live in the U.S.
I do have an Aristocrat, but it is pledged to a giveaway, so soon I won't have one. It this disqualifies me, no problem
I don't want it for myself. I will PIF it to an Active Duty military member
I'm in

Okay I will use my dictatorial superpowers of discretion and declare you IN. Sounds like a worthy cause.

Razorock boar and Maggards synthetic brushes
Italian Barber Amici, Captains Choice Bay Rum, and Maggards Tobacco & Leather soaps
British Tech, Old Type, Super Speed, 33c, and Maggards V3 razors
I am CONUS in California
I would like to try an Aristocrat because I hear fantastic things about them, and I LOVE vintage Gillette TTOs
​I'm IN!!

Last edited:

Slash McCoy

I freehand dog rockets
Great PIF! I'm in the U.S.

The more vintage Gillettes I try, the better I like them. So a different one is intriguing.

My current favorites are my 1930's New and my Fatboy. I also have a few Merkurs, an Ikon, a RazoRock Slant.

My favorite everyday brush is a Rooney Heritage Victorian (superbadger). My soap is Nuàvia Blu.

Looking forward to the results.

Are you IN?

Brush and soap you already own
- Omega Hi Brush and S Brush, Stirling Kong
- Arko, Derby, Cella, Tabac, STIRLING!!!, RazoRock and PAA

DE razors you own
- Gillette Techs, a Gillette SuperSpeed and an Edwin Jagger DE89

Country that you live in
US of A

Why you want to try an Aristocrat
- I've never used an adjustable razor, and I've heard very good things about Gillette adjustable razors

I'm In!!!

Top Bottom