What's new

Polsilver Super Iridium Vs Shark SS

I've been using Sharks exclusively for a year in my Mühle R41, switching to a fresh blade every Saturday.
Couldn't be happier.
But I've always been intrigued by the reports that Polsilver also lasts a long time - but is much sharper. So I decided to test out a 5-blade box.
After 3 days I'm ready to go back to Shark. I definitely get a far longer-lasting shave from Shark.
It was nice to try, but nothing beats Shark for me. I know many would beg to differ, but I'm a huge fan.
Each man to his own.

I like both blades giving points to Polysilver SI's for sharpness - but the Shark Stainless is a good, yeoman blade.

Are you using the Shark Stainless or the Shark Super-Chrome?

I love how different our faces and beards are. Without this kind of diversity this Board, and a great many other things, would be shallow and much less thought provoking.

Please send me your remaining Pols and I give a good home.

Shark SS blades really surprised me. More than sharp enough, super smooth and reasonably long lasting. Plus, if you shop around they can be had for a great price. They're one of the blades that seem to polarise people's opinions but I'm always happy to use them.

I had about 5 Shark Super Chrome blades...only got 1 left. I actually really like these blades...for me they are super smooth. Not the sharpest, but they are smooth. They last pretty long too. I mean I usually toss my blades after 3 shaves, but I've been trying to shave with them another 2 times.

I've only used the Shark Super Chrome once or twice and if I recall it was sharper than the Shark Stainless blade.

The Shark Stainless blade was for me very smooth and when I bought them years ago very inexpensive. To me they are similar to other Lord blades, particularly the Lord Super Stainless and the Asco Super Stainless (orange box).

I particularly like them in very aggressive razors such as SABI or Matador Toro Mastiff.

I've not had much luck with Shark blades so far, but I've got an unfinished packet in my stash so I'll give them another whirl next week - thanks for the prompt. Glad they're doing the job for you.

Top Bottom