What's new

What are you guys cooking for your ladies on Valentine's Day?

I'm making rack of lamb for my wife this Valentine's day along with rice and grilled asparagus. We'll possibly have wine as well, but haven't desided on one.

Looks like i have mac and cheese penciled in for the 14th, not sure how that's going to go over.

Maybe some red heart shaped macaroni will win the day.

dave

Looks like i have mac and cheese penciled in for the 14th, not sure how that's going to go over.

Maybe some red heart shaped macaroni will win the day.

dave

Great way to change up an ordinary mac and cheese, is to go with some artisanal cheeses, goats cheese really adds some nice tang and a smooth texture, as well as blue cheese. Also who doesn't like some nice thick cut bacon or cubed pancetta with their noddles!

Sounds like a plan, i will get it sorted.

I jest... we are doing mac and cheese Sunday, at least that is the plan, but we always reserve Saturday nights for any special meals, birthdays, anniversaries, guests and even Valentine's Day, always Saturday night no matter the actual date.

I have dream but to disclose is to jinx so not until the pictures are taken (food) and the dishes washed and wine glasses emptied would i discuss. Fingers crossed!

dave

My wife will be out of town with my daughter at a show choir competition. I have thawed out two pounds of hamburger to make taco meat, made sure there is plenty of beer and milk in the fridge, and have a bunch of new hot sauces to try out.

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
proxy.php

I threw this together today.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
You Dogg you. Looks great!

All I did was get her a card and a pack of some Reese's peanut butter cups.

the wine glasses are not yet empty but in any case one for the books...

Sourdough toasted points with red roe (it's Valentines) and an Australian Sparkling Rosé to consume while prepping the

Wild Sautéed Shrimp with Pistachio Miso Sauce

proxy.php

proxy.php

Grapefruit Granita

An Australian Shiraz/Viognier, (finish the bottle with tomorrow's mac & cheese)

Veal Tenderloin Medallions with sauted Vegetables & demi-glace/yogurt/chive Sauce

Vienna Souffle with Raspberries, shaved chocolate and Whipped Cream

I'll post some pictures Sunday in the 2016 cooking thread.

dave

the wine glasses are not yet empty but in any case one for the books...

Sourdough toasted points with red roe (it's Valentines) and an Australian Sparkling Rosé to consume while prepping the

Wild Sautéed Shrimp with Pistachio Miso Sauce

proxy.php

proxy.php

Grapefruit Granita

An Australian Shiraz/Viognier, (finish the bottle with tomorrow's mac & cheese)

Veal Tenderloin Medallions with sauted Vegetables & demi-glace/yogurt/chive Sauce

Vienna Souffle with Raspberries, shaved chocolate and Whipped Cream

I'll post some pictures Sunday in the 2016 cooking thread.

dave

Wow, you did great! I can cook any type of food, but we are lucky if we can get the bills and mail cleared off of the counter top, let alone a tablecloth. Good job!

Nothing. I tell my wife I love her every day of the year, and that I don't need a special day to do special things for her.

Update. We went out for Valentines Day last night to avoid the crowds and had a great dining experience at Wolfgang's Steakhouse. Great food and superb service. We ordered the 4.4 pound porterhouse, creamed spinach, fries, wedge salad, a bottle of pinot noir and 3 glasses of Jameson. Our server was surprised when I said "We would like the porterhouse for............................. four". In between the pause, he said "two?" right before I said "four" and when I said it, his eyes widened and asked if wasn't too much. LOL. Anyways, we finished it all as I'm a big steak eater.

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
You Dogg you. Looks great!

All I did was get her a card and a pack of some Reese's peanut butter cups.
Thanks! Hey, it's the thought that counts! Who doesn't love Reese's????

I try to get her flowers regularly and do nice things for her all year. I get off the hook pretty easily Valentine's Day.

I'm guessing this is your tactics as well!

Adam

Wow, you did great! I can cook any type of food, but we are lucky if we can get the bills and mail cleared off of the counter top, let alone a tablecloth. Good job!

Thanks! That table usually sits on the back patio but being winter i had to retrieve it from the shed, set it up in a clear space in the hall. The table cloth, window dressing!

dave

The children insisted that we eat at home with them, so we'll all be cooking Steak and Lobster with Spicy Chimichurri Butter, French fries and onion rings, homemade rolls, and double chocolate croissant bread pudding.

Top Bottom