What's new

2nd Itch Phase?

I am into maybe month 2 or 3 of my beard journey. The chin has being growing longer but in terms of letting it grow to achieve full coverage probably that 2-3 months. Im a slow grower so when it was in the early, stubble stages it itched for a while but I fought through it. However, within the last week or so I've had some itching again. It is mostly around my neck - line where I like to keep it shaved. I'm kind of assuming that the hair may be curling and poking at me causing this minor irritation. Any thoughts or advice beardos?

Are you using balms or oils? I would go with a balm and hope it controls the hair enough to keep you from itching

Mostly oils. Got my first balm the other day. I'm thinking maybe just let the neck line grow
If the plan is to grow a "big beard", then letting the neckline grow in will lend support as the beard gains length. When I was about 2 months into my growth, I abandoned the neckline altogether. At 6 months in, my neck is no longer visible to the casual observer and the "neck beard" is helping to hold the beard up and away from the neck, adding fullness, density and support to the whole package.

I would say yes it's the stubble on your neck area causing the irritation or itchiness. I always shaved the neck every other day when I was into growing my patchy beard out a few years ago.

proxy.php

Top Bottom