What's new

Best moisturizing face cream?

I know I am probably opening a Pandora's Box, but I thought I would pose the question. I have dry facial skin, especially in winter. I generally use a few products: plain coconut oil, shea butter and Eucerin Cream (ask for it behind the pharmacist's counter). Some of the other commercial creams are so heavily scented so I can't use them. I have also used Aveeno Cream which seemed to work well.

The best solution for me me has been a home-made blend of equal parts of coconut oil and unrefined shea butter. This seems to work best.

Any other suggestions?

I have extremely dry skin during the winter as well. I tried multiple creams with no luck. Recently I have switched to using Noxzema moisturizing cleansing cream in the shower to clean my face and it seems to have helped tremendously. I actually have not had to put on face cream recently. Time will tell if this is the fix for me but it was an easy and cheap test.

My favorite is Cremo Moisturizer. I like the consistency and the scent is very very light. Leaves my face feeling moisturized but not real oily like coconut oil can. Shea butter is also nice, but can be a bit of work to get the right amount with it being thick and requiring warming in the hands, etc.
As mentioned above by [MENTION=108143]Titus[/MENTION] washing face with Noxzema can clean out the pores and help the skin take care of itself, but I usually find that is not enough by itself for me.
I believe if you buy in the store, you can go to the Cremo site and get a rebate for the purchase price...
Good luck!

Top Bottom