What's new

THEHTGAM/PPF/PH0ENIX/D0UGLAS/H0DGES/FRANCES Thread

I have the DOC. It's not my favorite razor, but it does look cool. It's best feature is it holds a lot of water in the top comb for a well lubricated shave. I haven't used an Muhle razors. My personal favorite mild OC razor is the Parker 26c. I love that weight, long handle and curved comb.

If your budget can handle it, check out a Feather AS-D2. I hear prices are coming down due to the fall of the yen against the dollar. I own both and the Feather's a much milder shaver. Last time I checked, the DOC was sold out.

I found the EJ very mild as my first razor. Strangely I would still cut myself all the time. Of the 4 DE I have I think the Standard is by far the smoothest. I always recommend it to everybody.

Why not try one of the adjustable Gillettes? Set on 4 and below they are incredibly smooth. Set on 5 and higher they can get aggressive for days when you want that. Plus they are just cool!

no prob, ive always thought gow hreat it would be to have a split between 2 or 3, because sometimes a sample isnt enough or a full item is just too much.

I agree about the quantity you typically receive when ordering samples. Although much appreciate, is there really enough to make a fair assessment?

You like the EJ, so why not consider another EJ with a different handle, perhaps something heavier (my preference)?

ATT with the M1 plate.
I also have the Muhle R89 which is similar to the EJ 89L head. The ATT M1 is a bit less aggressive.

The DOC is probably the mildest razor I own. It shaves very comfortably but I haven't been able to get a BBS with it yet. It's a great razor for those days when I just want a guaranteed irritation free shave and don't care if I could feel a tiny bit of stubble left on my face though.

Has anyone tried this razor yet? If so how is it? Im a big fan of open combs and this has got my attention today. $uploadfromtaptalk1455162450462.jpg

I have to focus on blade angle carefully to get a good shave with this razor. It's a very mild razor. YMMV, of course.

It's a stunner. I love my PAA DOC, to me personally it feels incredible. With it I had my first BBS shave with zero irritation. I think it's absolutely wonderful.

Top Bottom