What's new

THEHTGAM/PPF/PH0ENIX/D0UGLAS/H0DGES/FRANCES Thread

I revisited my DOC razor last month adding a shim to increase the blade gap. I received some really remarkable shaves.

Like people have said, it's pretty mild but, I put a feather in it and it was a dream. It felt really natural to me. Anyone considering this beauty needs to jump on them the moment they become available!

i had a hard time picking between this razor and that slant that fine accrumments is comming out with. i went ahead and picked the slant i really want to try one.

Department of Corrections? I know he's done some pretty shady things, but I had no idea he got locked up.
Personal vendetta, or actual wrongdoing?

I have heard great things about the PAA DOC razor and all of their soaps, AND all of their aftershaves, and the Crown King scuttle(sister companies) is fantastic in my opinion. On par performance wise with any other scuttle, and half the price. I will personally attest to some of their aftershaves after I receive my shipment of samples this week.

Of course, all of the good things I hear about PAA and Crown King are everywhere else on the internet except B&B. There seems to be some animosity here for some reason. Anyone that recommends them here gets labled as a "fanboy" for some reason, but I'm not interested enough to find out why...The quality of their products is the only thing I'm concerned with...

My second from PAA arrived! Can't wait to try these.

proxy.php

Love the Al Fin. If you haven't yet tried it, give Cavendish a shot. I believe it's the longest lasting AS I use (among the 50 or so), and it smells like a pipe tobacco shop from the 60s.

I have a whole slew of samples due to arrive today or tomorrow from PAA. I really cant wait to try them all out. I hear so many good things about all of their products...

Let us know how you like them!

i had a hard time picking between this razor and that slant that fine accrumments is comming out with. i went ahead and picked the slant i really want to try one.
well i guess this statment is a lie now cause i just had a doc fall in my lap really cheap. i bought it lol. i still want that slant from fine accruments though when it comes out. i have to many razors .... i think i need to see a counselor about my addiction.

I absolutely love the look and feel of the razor. Every shave has been very smooth and I never get irritation or cuts, which says a lot for me given my extremely coarse hair, sensitive skin and ridiculous grain pattern. I can throw it around the face without a care in the world about pressure or technique and it's soft as a feather (the things that cover birds, not the ridiculously sharp blades).

However, I am finding this razor to actually be too smooth as I get more experience with it. Have paired it up with a bunch of blades so far (Feather being the sharpest) and find that I just can't get close. Normal routine is WTG to XTG to ATG. After 2 or 3 clean ups I quit given the sensitive nature of my skin, but just find no matter what I do, I can't get close enough with it.

Anyone else find the same with this razor?

I'm starting to try out some aftershaves, and I've heard excellent things about PAA aftershaves. One of my favorite soaps is RazoRock's Son Of Zeus. My question is, what is a good PAA pairing with this particular soap?

Curious - has anyone tried any of the PAA deodorants? If so, what are your thoughts? The descriptions on their website seems like they would be some interesting scents.

I have. Certain scents have burned my pits (bay rum and Cavendish), but CaD and Neroli worked just fine. They don't really last all day for me, but they're good for a day at work and most of the night.

Top Bottom