What's new

Gym / Travel Shaving Kit

I haven't seen many posts on gym shaving kits so I figured I would throw in my 2¢. I use this kit when I travel and when I go to the gym. My whole idea behind this was to keep everything as minimalist as possible while still being able to enjoy my shave.

First the razor. I recommend a milder razor because you never know how rushed you will be so I feel like something more forgiving is ideal. I chose my Gillette Tech for this reason.

For a brush, a synthetic is the perfect tool for the job. They dry quick and lather easily. I chose the RazoRock Plissoft for this because it inexpensive enough that if it's lost I won't be as heart broken as if it were my Thater. I simply put it into a used toilet paper roll and I'm good to go.

For soaps and creams. I think the smaller 3.5 ounce tubes of cream work the best or shave sticks. I usually just take a stick of Arko and put it into an old pill bottle that I drilled holes into so it will dry.

Blades are easy! Just grab a tuck of your favorite blades and your off to the races!

Post shave I try to keep limited. I've had a few aftershave bottles crack on me (even the plastic ones!) so I just take a bottle of my preferred balm and some generic Witch Hazel that I decant into a small travel bottle.

I hope this helps someone who is looking for a way to continue enjoying wetshaving while on the go and I would love to hear what you guys take to the gym or travel.

$2016-02-10 00.18.43.jpg

Last edited:
Mine is similar, but with a few differences. I use a larger, and taller, pill bottle for the brush with a hole cut for air circulation to hold an Escali Badger brush. So far, I haven't had any moisture issues. I have a shave stick of Palmolive in a pill bottle, but also use an empty tin to put a soap sample in. It works like a stick (although slightly harder to hold for face lathering). A plastic bottle of Nivea face balm, a travel bottle filled with Thayers Witch Hazel, my Merkur 34c, and another small Altoids tin for blades, and I'm ready to go.

I agree its better to go less aggressive with razor and blade, as I find a lot of hard water when traveling that makes getting good slickness a challenge.

Back in the day 45 yrs ago my shave kit consisted of one straight razor and one shave creme that could be spread by hand. Today my kit is one DE razor and Arko shave stick.

... For a brush, a synthetic is the perfect tool for the job. They dry quick and lather easily. I chose the RazoRock Plissoft for this because it inexpensive enough that if it's lost I won't be as heart broken as if it were my Thater. I simply put it into a used toilet paper roll and I'm good to go. ...
Great thread Andrew, thank you. :w00t:

I love the cardboard tube tip, and will be using that next time. :thumbup1:

I haven't seen many posts on gym shaving kits so I figured I would throw in my 2¢. I use this kit when I travel and when I go to the gym. My whole idea behind this was to keep everything as minimalist as possible while still being able to enjoy my shave. ...hear what you guys take to the gym or travel.

nice post, Andrew!

Here is a gym kit.
The straight earns far more respect at the gym than my workouts ever would!

proxy.php

I always put my razor, blades, and styptic in a travel soap container when traveling. Should I be in a public space with questionable germiness, I can lay my razor in the open case instead of on a dirty sink or shelf.

I always put my razor, blades, and styptic in a travel soap container when traveling. Should I be in a public space with questionable germiness, I can lay my razor in the open case instead of on a dirty sink or shelf.

I do the same thing, but with a small towel that I bring along. Great idea though with the soap container!

Top Bottom