What's new

Ahhhhhhhhh!

Straight razors and motorcycles have that in common. You never get hurt till you think you know what you are doing!

Yes I can attest to both. I had to get rid of my bike because I was too fearless and knew something bad was gonna happen.

Yes I can attest to both. I had to get rid of my bike because I was too fearless and knew something bad was gonna happen.

Right there with you. About the time I had a child I figured it was no longer just my own rear end on the line if I had a bad get off. Quality helmets saved me a couple times.

Right there with you. About the time I had a child I figured it was no longer just my own rear end on the line if I had a bad get off. Quality helmets saved me a couple times.

Smart thinking. Bikes are a blast. When I bought mine. I had found out my g/f at the time was talking to someone else. So instead of buying her anything for valentine's day. I walked into the showroom and bought a brand new bike. But me, being the impatient guy I am. I decided to go for a ride in February and hit some sand going very fast around a corner and dumped it. That was the first time I wrecked that was 16 years ago and still have the scar. Lol.

OW. I'd have a doctor look at it if I were you just because that part of the face moves a lot and you might keep ripping it open (which will leave a scar). Sometimes docs will want to tack down cuts like that.

Well done on completing the mission afterwards, though!

Thanks bud. This one isn't too bad. I've had worse. Not from shaving though. Its gonna be superglue this time. Usually it takes care of it.

The only thing that I'm mad about is that I need to wait to shave. Just to keep it clean. Hoping I'll be shaving by the weekend.

Shaving gods needed a blood sacrifice. Obviously you had much to atone for. I occasionally must also make these sacrifices.

All joking aside, I think you should have a Dr look at that so it heals right.

That is one ugly cut. Hope it heals up with minimal scarring. Way to soldier through the original objective though :thumbup1:.

The scar may present some tricky real estate when you get back to shaving that area. Probably too late to get a Dr. to look at it and use some surgical glue or stitches. I used a plastic surgeon ages ago at Emerson for a hockey stick butt end to the bridge of nose and no visible scars.

Good luck and heal up quick.

Pete

That is one ugly cut. Hope it heals up with minimal scarring. Way to soldier through the original objective though :thumbup1:.

The scar may present some tricky real estate when you get back to shaving that area. Probably too late to get a Dr. to look at it and use some surgical glue or stitches. I used a plastic surgeon ages ago at Emerson for a hockey stick butt end to the bridge of nose and no visible scars.

Good luck and heal up quick.

Pete

Its too late. Its usually 12 hours max and they won't stitch. I threw a 9" blade bowie into the ground a few years back. I keep it razor sharp. It hit the side of my shoe and cut into the bone. They wouldn't stich it the next morning. I had to take my wife to the hospital last summer. My cat was having a bad seizure and she picked him up and he swung his paw and sliced her lip in 2 from her nose down. We had to have a special plastic surgeon get called in to stitch her up. It was right before our wedding. She was so pissed. They sent us from lowell general to Lahey in Burlington. I live up in westford. What part you from?

Shaving gods needed a blood sacrifice. Obviously you had much to atone for. I occasionally must also make these sacrifices.

All joking aside, I think you should have a Dr look at that so it heals right.

I'm pleasantly surprised how great this is healing. Its closed up and I'll be shaving by the weekend. I could shave tonight but I'll wait for good measure.

Glad to hear it is healing up well. Figured there may be a statute of limitations on stitches. Nice Emerson satellite office in Westford near Demoulas.

I dated a woman up that way many years ago and a lifetime ago. Still go through there for youth soccer games in the area.

Ooooo...... that's a good one. I dug in to my cheek yesterday with a square tip Cmon Blackie. It is hardly as impressive as yours.
Chicks dig scars. Right?

I'm happy to say m back shaving again. Got a nice 3 pass shave with my Geneva shorty. The same one I cut myself with. I love that razor.

Congrats on the recovery. If it happened to me, not sure I would be able to use even a safety razor with how much my hands would be shaking--I get hit pretty hard with adrenaline after a traumatic event, and (my own) blood always makes me feel feint (as in feeling like I'll pass out, not that I'll actually pass out). lol

Top Bottom