What's new

Ahhhhhhhhh!

Long story short. I was in a rush using my geneva this afternoon. Wife was coming home early for a nooner. 😉 so I was excited and she likes when I'm clean shaved. So I flew and I did what every straight razor shavers nightmare is. I went to make a stroke on my cheek and it cut. I mean cut. Half the width of the blade was in my face. I sprayed my face down with bactine and grabbed a safety razor and ended up shaving with that. I won't go into details on the blood. But it was bad. I snapped a couple pics after I somehow got the bleeding stopped. I won't be shaving for a week or so now. Arg! P.S. I'm sure no one wants to see the pics right?

Bummer. A straight shave isn't something to rush.
But to clarify.
Half the width of the blade ? That's stitches I'd think .
Or a cut half the length of the blade. That would be a long cut, but not as deep.

but for how vascular the head/face is any little nick bleeds like the dickens.

Bummer. A straight shave isn't something to rush.
But to clarify.
Half the width of the blade ? That's stitches I'd think .
Or a cut half the length of the blade. That would be a long cut, but not as deep.

but for how vascular the head/face is any little nick bleeds like the dickens.

No it was a shorty. Just about full length. I'm talking about the width. It went in deep. But it didn't go straight in. Obviously I was shaving at an angle. Put it this way. I couldn't see any lather on that section of my face. A blood lather lol. I thought I was gonna need stitches. But it's not too bad. Doesn't hurt at all now. When I talk I can see into the slice. Lol. Anyways. I don't need to go into all the details. I actually feel lucky that it didn't keep going any more.

Oh No!!!!!!!!!!! I am very sorry to hear that Keith! I sure hope you heal quickly my Friend and get yourself a Large Can of "Murphy's Bane" to keep that Murphy guy at bay. I posted some of my injuries in my journal and I gotta say this one sounds like a nasty one indeed my Friend.

Wishing you very speedy healing my Friend.

As they say.... pics or it didn't happen

You asked for it. It's not too bad now that the bleeding stopped. And I squeezed the skin together again lol.

$Screenshot_2016-02-09-19-04-17.jpg

By the looks of it, you got yourself good! Was that from a coti edge?

Lol yup. Thats half the reason I thought I could go that fast. Normally I can whip through shaves very fast with a coticule edge. But it's my fault. I shouldn't have rushed. I got a really good edge also. Its was all of HHT4. I just got so comfortable shaving off the coti. I didn't pay much attention.

Oh No!!!!!!!!!!! I am very sorry to hear that Keith! I sure hope you heal quickly my Friend and get yourself a Large Can of "Murphy's Bane" to keep that Murphy guy at bay. I posted some of my injuries in my journal and I gotta say this one sounds like a nasty one indeed my Friend.

Wishing you very speedy healing my Friend.

THANKS. I looked up Murphys bane, couldn't find any thing.

Top Bottom