What's new

What is the stiffest bristle brush?

I have several badger brushes, and one cheap boar. The cheap boar is a no name, found at a farmers market in a display showcasing bowls. I am sure the owner just threw it in to show that they were shaving bowls. But I talked them into throwing it in with the overpriced bowl I purchasing. It has become my favorite for the ease of the lather it creates and it's not skitchy, surprisingly nothing I've tried is skitchy with NuLuv's Billy Goat Scruff.

Anyway, back on topic, I am looking for a brush just shy of porcupine quills any suggestions?

In the long run one of the lower badgers. Boars will tend to break in and soften even if they start out skritchy. Also, don't conflate stiff and skritchy. Stiff bristles can be soft if they have enough backbone but soft tips.

Pure badger that has been trimmed.

or a High Mountain Manchuria Black Banded Ginger Badger Supreme Deluxe.
The ol' HMMBBGBSD™

Those are a little "spendy" though.

:tongue_sm

Semogue 1470 have very stiff bristles. Used mine almost exclusively about 6 months and it still have nice and stiff bristles even when it's broken in nicely.

Awsome. Give it several shaves to break in a bit. It will seem almost ridiculously firm at first. For me, it's best with very hard soaps that a less firm brush can't seem to load well, even when the puck is soaked before using. Also, it works great as a travel brush since it's so small.

Top Bottom