What's new

Triumph & Disaster Shave Cream - Good stuff

For some reason, this particular shave cream doesn't get a lot of love on here...It's always the Proraso, MWF, Geo Trumper's, TOBS, Castle Forbes that get the love on this site. I own and love all of these shaving creams but still they have always left me wanting more. I bought a tube of Triumph & Disaster Old Fashion Shave cream on a whim and I gotta say, I wasn't that impressed at first. The lather was weak, almost watery....I wasn't sure about the scent of the cream which was almost like a "Mediciney/Citrus" kind of scent, definitely herbal.

I sent an email to Dion Nash, the founder, explaining the dilemma and to their credit they had a nice video on the "how to's" with their skincare line. They are headquartered in New Zealand and loved their plant-based approach to healthy skin. Their shave cream contains Lanolin which is great for skin and a coconut oil base...Again, very skin-friendly ingredients. Once I found out HOW to apply the cream it has slowly became my new favorite. I haven't even reached for any of the ones mentioned above. Come to find out, I was using TOO much water and the lather was weak and non slick. According to the founder of T&D the cream is designed to work upon itself so very little water is needed to get the job done...I just dampen my face and take my brush, squeeze the water out of it and face apply the shaving cream. I have gotten great shaves with only a couple of passes and yes, probably going to be heckled here, but very little to no skin irritation and no nicks. I've been using it solid for 2 weeks now. I cannot say the same thing for the OTHER brands I have used.

Needless to say, I've going to try their skin moisturizer called Gameface and some of their other products. It's worth checking out especially if you're sick of the "Same ole, same ole"...

Let me know what you guys think...

Luxury4him.com but I believe West Coast Shaving has some of their products....Warning though, can't emphasize this enough...Don't use a lot of water. Just a damp brush and lightly dampened face...It's different and many people complained it sucked because the lather is rather weak....But weak lather doesn't correlate to weaker shave at least with this product...It's plenty slick enough and if you're use to Castle Forbes, which I was, it takes a little getting used to but don't let the "lesser lather" fool you...It's up there in quality and with plant-derived ingredients...Great for sensitive skin which is what I have...

Top Bottom