What's new

needing some help

Ok everyone I want to restore a straight razor I'm gonna start with something cheep but I was wondering what are the more expensive vintage razors, there are so many out there I am just wondering.

Legion

Staff member
Big Sheffield wedges, most Swedish razors, Dubl Ducks, Filli's.... the list goes on and on. Sometimes it is justified, usually it is a result of internet generated hype.

Hi
Price is the result of offer and demand. Some razors are trendy like WB and DDucks, Filis or Dorkos. Some are simply outstanding but under estimated and you need sone experience to understand they are high class. An example amongst many, I bought a Bourco 200 razor. Superb blade, gold etched blade and great spine work. 112 USD no other bids. Why did I buy it? Because it is a Dorko razor made for Middle East. It wasn't easy to recognize a Dorko but once you zoom at the center of the blade you'll see the Dorko logo right there. A Dorko 200 would have cost me 3 times more!

Just browse the Bay and pick-up a nice Solingen extra-hollow at an affordable price and restore it. You'll love the shave out of it.
Just my 2cts....

Hi
Price is the result of offer and demand. Some razors are trendy like WB and DDucks, Filis or Dorkos. Some are simply outstanding but under estimated and you need sone experience to understand they are high class. An example amongst many, I bought a Bourco 200 razor. Superb blade, gold etched blade and great spine work. 112 USD no other bids. Why did I buy it? Because it is a Dorko razor made for Middle East. It wasn't easy to recognize a Dorko but once you zoom at the center of the blade you'll see the Dorko logo right there. A Dorko 200 would have cost me 3 times more!

Just browse the Bay and pick-up a nice Solingen extra-hollow at an affordable price and restore it. You'll love the shave out of it.
Just my 2cts....
Very nice.
I had a similar experience with a large razor I did not recognize. Only when I zoomed on the logo to take a picture to ask in the forum for ID did I recognize the MoDoSo logo you have here in the center of the blade. Mine is far from being as nice as yours, but was a steal none-the-less.

Most if not all of the Japanese makers sold under different brand names as well. Some amazing steel out there in the $50-100 range.

Top Bottom