What's new

Checking in from the UK

Delurking after a few months of browsing. Still a newbie, only a few months into DE shaving, but no going back now!

Currently using (mostly) a Futur, DE89L and HD38C with a variety of blades. Gotta try 'em all ;)

Got interested in wet shaving thanks to a thread on a vaping forum some time ago, which planted the seeds to start yet another potentially expensive hobby. Finally picked up a Wilkinson Sword Classic with a pack of blades for about a fiver, then a sample pack of blades, then a bigger sample pack, then some cheap razors, then the more expensive razors ... I can see where this is heading :)

Never got on with electric razors, disliked the expense of cartridge razors, so ended up using disposables, mostly the green Wilkinson Sword twin blade ones, which, to be fair, gave an acceptable shave if I put some effort it (i.e, 37 passes and an iron grip).

Took to DE shaving instantly, no major self-inflicted wounds yet. Think I've only nicked myself once or maybe twice, despite being fairly heavy handed and even trying Feathers.

I suffer from dry sensitive skin, and can't use any perfumed products, which means I'm stuck using cheap unperfumed foams/gels until I can find a soap that won't trigger my asthma or bring me out in a rash :( But that's a subject for another thread some day. Interestingly (probably not actually interesting!), I assumed that a mild razor and blade would suit me better, but I'm finding the opposite. I like to really feel the blade and get a good cut on the first and second pass, without needing a third pass, but just some touch-ups. I can see I'll end up using Feathers in an R41 at some stage, but I've got a few clicks to go on the Futur yet!

Done the Hall Of Fame thing, still finding my way around though.

proxy.php

Welcome to B&B

Drop into the Shave Wiki and read over some of the shaving articles. http://wiki.badgerandblade.com/ You will find a LOT of useful info in there.

Look into RS shave cream (it is a UK product so should be easy to source for you). It is the "base" for the T&H and other "top shelf" English creams but it is virtually sent free.

proxy.php

Top Bottom