What's new

Aveda Shave Cream - Thumbs Up!

Last night I remembered that I had a tube of Aveda shave cream that was given to me as a gift a few years ago. I put a dime sized blob onto my shave soap and worked it into the brush. I had a very slick first pass.

I did the same exact thing for second pass, and I was blown away with how slick and moisture-full the thin layer stayed. Great smell!

http://www.aveda.com/product/5216/1...veda-Men-Pure-Formance-Shave-Cream/index.tmpl

I've used quite a few Aveda products in the past, whether it's shampoo or hair paste, to chap stick or suncreen. Doesn't surprise me that the shave cream performs on a high level. Has anybody else tried it?

$av_A3Y2_254.png

Interesting. I do have enough soaps and creams to last me for a couple years but I did not know that Aveda made a shave cream. My wife uses Aveda products for her hair and loves it. I will have to look into it!

Mike

I thought about investing in the shave cream and giving it a shot, but I just couldn't justify paying the price they want with so many other options out there. Veda in general is way overpriced IMO.
Does the cream itself lather or is it meant to be a brushless cream (since you said you used it WITH soap)?

I thought about investing in the shave cream and giving it a shot, but I just couldn't justify paying the price they want with so many other options out there. Veda in general is way overpriced IMO.
Does the cream itself lather or is it meant to be a brushless cream (since you said you used it WITH soap)?

By itself, it remains a cream. Actually, I never tried face lathering it just by itself. I add a dime sized blob to the top of my soap and create a lather combo with brush. Super slick.

Last edited:
This thread should just die, but last night I tried a big blob on soap lather, a small blob on soap lather, and just by itself. best results were small blob with soap lather.

I had some of this a couple of years ago, before I started using a brush, and liked it a lot. The scent is a pleasure.
I remember being outraged when my little son, playing in the bathtub, wasted nearly half the tube!

Top Bottom