What's new

Best of the "blue" aftershaves

Hi all,

I really like the scent of aftershaves like aqua velva, floid blue (love this scent) but as people often point out the scent doesn't really last.

I know you can get cologne/edt versions of both but I am interested in long lasting aftershaves. For example Pinaud clubman, Gillette cool wave/artic ice, old spice.

People have noted that blue aftershaves tend to smell similar e.g. aqua velva, floid blue, myrsol blue.

So out of all these similar scented aftershaves which has the longest longevity?

Thanks

Last edited:
I have not tried Floid Blue or Myrsol Blue. I have, however, tried (many times over!) Aqua Velva Ice Blue and similar aftershaves, and for my answer I will come out of left field with Master Blue. It is similar to Aqua Velva but with a stronger aroma that lasts considerably longer. It is a personal favorite of mine. Master Well Comb has recently released a 3 ounce sized bottle at a very reasonable price.

Definitely not Myrsol. Aqua Velva and Floid both last quite awhile on me. AV may be stronger longer but Floid lasts shower to shower. Don't forget Master Ocean Blue also. Had more staying power than AV, but not as smooth of a scent as AV or Floid.

I have tried Aqua Velva and Myrsol Blue. On me the Myrsol Blue lasted a little longer than the AV.

I agree that they are very nice scents, unfortunately I do not think that "family" of aftershaves is a long lasting one.

I really like Booster's Polar Ice but the scent isn't long lasting. It has the 1960s aftershave scent. Lucky Tiger Aspen isn't bad, but the only thing blue about it is the color. Its a spice aftershave.

I've tried Floid, Myrsol and Aqua Velva. And the preceding my order of preference. Floid Blue is one of my favorites and I use it frequently, especially in the summer.

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/161231616340?_mwBanner=1

Is this the masters we are talking about?

Does it last as long as say, old spice?

Yep, that's it. Lasting power is very good, I would put it on the level of OS, yes.

They must have rebranded recently, as all of my Master's bottles look like this :

full

Last edited by a moderator:
Even though I live in the UK the European aqua velva is more expensive & harder to get than the US one!

I already have Floid blue & aqua velva is the difference in longevity really that long for the Masters?

old spice can still be detected on my skin after a good 12 hour shift.

Please forgive the newbie question but where do you guys find Floid Blue aftershave? Everywhere I look it is sold out or says discontinued, all that is available is the edt?

Top Bottom