What's new

PIF Feather blades (8 packs/40 blades)

This is a cool PIF thread. I have an item or two to PIF but have to think up a way to make a contest out of it. Any ideas?

This is a cool PIF thread. I have an item or two to PIF but have to think up a way to make a contest out of it. Any ideas?

Mystery box PIF's get a ton of attention here. Maybe it's a curiousity thing but people always enter them and they make for fun threads. Put the shaving stuff in a box and add anything else, for example (some gummy bears, an decent pen, an old key chain, beef jerky). It doesn't matter, anything interesting or anything you like and maybe some stuff you don't. The winner will post a pic of what is in the box. Plus, it's fun hearing what people are guessing is in there. How you pick a winner is up to you. I usually use a random number generator then look at the winner's profile and activity here. If they are just gathering items here to resell somewhere else or aren't here for the right reasons then I just pick another number.

I've also just picked someone that I felt might enjoy a particular item and sent it there way. For example, if someone said they always wanted to try a particular blade or ask where they could get a sample of a particular soap I might send them a PM saying I'd send some blades their way or that I have a tub of that soap that I'm not using and would be happy to send it to them. More of an under the radar type of PIF. I enjoy this as I've made some great friends here this way as well.

It's your PIF so you can do whatever you'd like.

Last edited:
I've also just picked someone that I felt might enjoy a particular item and sent it there way. For example, if someone said they always wanted to try a particular blade or ask where they could get a sample of a particular soap I might send them a PM saying I'd send some blades their way or that I have a tub of that soap that I'm not using and would be happy to send it to them. More of an under the radar type of PIF. I enjoy this as I've made some great friends here this way as well.

It's your PIF so you can do whatever you'd like.

These are the ones I always like to give (and receive). It feels so much more personal and ends up being more memorable and a random giveaway. If I have an SE I was planning on putting in a PIF soon, and I see a post by someone who's been thinking about trying one, then it's PM time. I've only been able to do that a couple of times now, but that makes up almost half of all of the PIFs I've done thus far.

The random PIFs are more fun when it's something like this one. There was a limerick PIF last year that was pretty fun too. I've also seen "guess the unlabeled bottles or containers", solve this riddle, best joke based on a certain theme... There really are endless possibilities.

My entry is Post#16 but I couldn't resist sharing this (non entry), imagining what the OP might have written in the 1st post:
---
Blades like my Feathers
Makes my face smooth but bloody
Have extras... who wants?

---

This is awesome, Also, my first Haiku to not end in "refrigerator"

There is a mean burn
I feel occasionally
Time to change my blade

OK all. After several rounds of paring down my options, and then nearly coming to a coin toss on the last two...

LeoL (post #43) was my pick.

I thought it was a great blend of symbolism and visual. Like, I could see that in my mind.

Great job all though. You made it freaking tough to pick one.

Last edited:
Congrats LeoL!
Your haiku and AbbyW2's (#14), were, I think, the only entries that used a kigo, as is traditional in haiku writing.

And once again, great PIF, camorgan - both in giveaway and entry method.

Last edited:
I'm in. Never tried Feather blades because of the cost but would love to try one to see if it's worth the extra.

-Mc

Top Bottom