What's new

What do you use for cutting your nails?

What do you use for cutting your nails?

• Scissors

• Clippers

• Something else (please write in)

• Angle grinder

Results are only viewable after voting.
Clippers and occasionally finished up with a file. I want to get into using scissors, I heard it's much better.

Clippers and occasionally finished up with a file. I want to get into using scissors, I heard it's much better.

That's what I have been using. I'm right handed and it's easy for me to cut the nails on my left hand and toes. I struggle to cut my nails on the right hand, typically having to cut them in tiny bits rather than one continuous rounded cut like I do for all the others.

That's what I have been using. I'm right handed and it's easy for me to cut the nails on my left hand and toes. I struggle to cut my nails on the right hand, typically having to cut them in tiny bits rather than one continuous rounded cut like I do for all the others.

I'm sorry but are you saying you use clipper or scissors?

Used to use scissors way back, but my left hand doesn't have the fine control to make doing the right hand not a horrible struggle. Gave up & switched to a larger clipper, which I've used ever since. Finish up with one of those double sided pink files. Rough side to round out the shaping, then finer side to smooth.

Left hand clippers and finish with an emory board, right hand just the emory board. I shape the right hand for playing guitar (I play classical).

I heard there is a learning curve and can be dangerous in some instances. Have you ever had any bad experiences?

No bad experiences at all. In fact, I've had more negative experiences with a clipper. But I grew up using scissors and only used clippers for a brief period when I was in boarding school. I do have to make sure the scissors are good (i.e. sharp); most of the ones you get at drugstores are too blunt and they will slip. I would also try and find scissors that don't have a very pointy nose.

I currently use these:
http://www.zamberg.com/zb/topinox-stainless-steel-nail-scissors-in-matte-finish-2341i.ashx

proxy.php

Bit my nails for years then took up classical guitar so had to grow and shape the right hand nails, never a need to cut. Stopped chewing cold turkey, have come to the conclusion i did it because i needed to have busy hands.

When i took up the classical for the left hand i used scissors for a few yeras but went back to the teeth followed by a nail file when needed, much easier and even compared to scissors or clippers.
dave

I bite my fingernails and let my other nails grow long enough to where I can simply pull them out.

And no, I am not kidding.

Left fingers fiddle with the nails on the right hand and "Sculpts" them.

Then the Right fingers do the same for the left.

Top Bottom