What's new

Mick's (coffee) Wall of Shame

For the past week or so I have been back to drinking grocery store coffee. At first it was because there was 2 feet of snow on the ground, later it was because I came across several big red "buckets" of Folgers that was found hiding on a shelf in the basement.

I have gotten back into blending grocery store brands and drinking my coffee with milk and sugar.

My coffee wall of shame showing the empty grinders with cans and buckets of grocery coffee being used :sad:

Did I mention? I have been drinking a LOT of tea lately :yesnod:

proxy.php

That's quite a setup, Mick.

Two of my brother-in-laws are Folger fans. The Dark Silk is OK - but I prefer a more robust bean.

Yesterday morning I ordered a cup of coffee at a restaurant with breakfast. I didn't taste anything much except for dirty pot flavors, really disappointing, so I quickly switched to tea.

$Coffee.jpg

I hate to admit it but when I was in college I lived on taster's choice, sugar, and cremora.......

I wonder how I survived.....

One of my roommates in college (and still good buddy) used to drink a cup of Taster's Choice before bed each night. I found out this past weekend that he still does it and swears by Taster's Choice. :lol:

I was in Branson this past weekend, visiting my wife's family. There was a LOT of Folgers consumed. While I'm picky when I can be, 24 total hours of driving time had me in need.

For the group coffee at work, they use Folgers and mandate that the mix be weak. It tastes like dishrag coffee. Needless to say, my French press stays busy.

I brew Community at home in my Mr. Coffee maker At work we have Folgers in a Bunn Commercial machine. At Work I make 1/2 caf to keep the Dr Happy and it HEB brand. On the weekend I get out the Comet Stove Top Pour Over and I make Community.

I have been using up the Folgers in the new Columbia that I just got in.

I can say that it taste better in the press then in the auto drip

proxy.php

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
I drink what ever is on sale at the store. Typically Folgers or Maxwell House. For the next few months it will be Folgers because I got 4 cans while they were a really good price.

Welcome to the dark side! Or...medium bold side...

Top Bottom