What's new

Homemade Yorkshire Puddings?

This one works for me. I've also this recipe to makee individual ones in a cast iron muffin pan.

Yorkshire Pudding
Serves: 6

Ingredients
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 eggs
3/4 cup milk
1/2 cup pan drippings from roast prime rib of beef (if no drippings, use bacon fat, or 50/50 butter/oil)

Directions
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
Sift together the flour and salt in a bowl. In another bowl, beat together the eggs and milk until light and foamy. Stir in the dry ingredients just until incorporated. Pour the drippings into a 9-inch pie pan, cast iron skillet, or square baking dish. Put the pan in oven and get the drippings smoking hot. Carefully take the pan out of the oven and pour in the batter. Put the pan back in oven and cook until puffed and dry, 15 to 20 minutes. Serve immediately.

i do the same as landog, but i use 1 cup flour, 1 cup milk. Everything has to be at room temperature.

this pan is almost a must have, highly recommended. Make sure you preheat it before you grease it and pour the mixture in, has to be VERY hot!

Chicago Metallic Non Stick 6-Cup Popover Pan

proxy.php

(for some reason, the Amazon URL gets changed to JC Penny... weird!)

Last edited:
Equal parts by volume of egg, milk and flour. Get that tray smoking hot with plenty of oil in it and pour in your batter. Cook until browned and crisp!

Even better in a larger pan with some sausages thrown in and served with onion gravy. Traditional Toad in the Hole! Sticks to yer ribs!

Gareth

Made some Yorkshire Pudding last night. I used a muffin tray, made eight individual Yorkies.

Ingredients
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 egg (room temperature)
1 cup milk (room temperature)
Some pan drippings from roast beef (if no drippings, use bacon fat)

Directions
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Sift together the flour and salt in a bowl. Add the egg and milk, beat together until light and foamy.
Pour the drippings (or some bacon fat) into each muffin area of the pan (8).
Let the batter sit as muffin tray is preheated)
Carefully take the pan out of the oven and pour in the batter into 8 muffin holes.
Put the pan back in oven and cook until puffed and dry, 15 to 20 minutes.
Serve immediately with some gravy.

They all nail it.. I just use a hot and super greased and seasoned muffin tin. I'm doing some stuff with smoked beef brisket as a special this weekend.

Top Bottom