What's new

Wild find!

Stopped at a small dumpy antique store and restaurant in rural Ontario and after looking around for a while asked the older dutch man of he had any razors. He pulled this filthy bag out from a box and said $15 for the whole bag. So in American find that would be about $9 with the exchange rate as it is now. I have some cleaning to do it seems. I didn't haggle with him and ran out the door to empty the change tray in the car. Now to identify them all and clean them.

$20160206_195231.jpg

Awesome score!:thumbup:

Looks to me like Slim, Flare Tip x3, Tech (English?) assembled wrong, Super Adjustable, Fatboy!, 40s Super Speed

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
Awesome haul! Congrats!

It looks like you have a Slim, three Flair Tip Super Speeds, what I believe is an aluminum handle ball end tech with an upside-down baseplate, a Super-109, a 195 (Fatboy), and a 40's style Super Speed. There are many more experienced members that will be able to correct my assessment, but you have some great razors that you bought today!

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
That might also be a Tech with the bottom plate on upside down. In the middle.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Awesome haul! Congrats!

It looks like you have a Slim, three Flair Tip Super Speeds, what I believe is an aluminum handle ball end tech with an upside-down baseplate, a Super-109, a 195 (Fatboy), and a 40's style Super Speed. There are many more experienced members that will be able to correct my assessment, but you have some great razors that you bought today!

I think this is about right.

So I cleaned them up a little bit so I can read some dates on them. Looks like I did pretty good for condition of the razors once I cleaned all the gunk off them. Looking back at the picture I posted, I just realized that two of them aren't even in the picture lol... I was trying to figure out what the heck they were. One I recognized as a New long comb I think, the other one appears to be a King Razor with a wheeled gear contraption on the top of it to shake and jiggle a proprietary blade back and forth. There is only one of them that has a slight bit of corrosion on it. I haven't cleaned up the blade packs. One of the Gillette loaders has a used blade in the back of it, the other three are all full with new blades. The blue packs, one is new and full the other one has one blade missing.
Here are the dates...
Fatboy E4
Slim G4
Black long handled one P2
King Razor has not date code, just patent numbers
Made in England adjustables only have a single letter on them A, S, and J (J is the most corroded, just a bit of finish on the neck area)
Gold coloured TTO has no date, just `Made in England`
Aluminum handled one P2
New Long Comb has no date other than patent dates
I can only add pictures from my phone so hang on a few minutes and I`ll try to snap a few pictures to add.

I am not a collector.... I do not have RAD.... I just see a good deal and cant pass it by. I`m going to pass a few of these into the traveling boxes that are on their way to me I`ll drop a few into them

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom