What's new

TOBS half empty?

I recently get a tub of TOBS coconut and when I get it there was an air bubble in the cream and when I knocked it on the counter to help it settle the tub looked almost half empty is this normal

Creams can shift, etc. Of course, to be absolutely sure container is filled with the right amount, weighing would be required.

Can you take a pic and post it?

I'd don't have it on me at this moment I actually sent it off for trade and he made a comment about it. That's why I'm curious

At some point during shipping it was up side because when I opened it the first time it was all in the lid, screwed it back on ad knocked the bowl on the counter to settle it back down in the bowl, then when I opened it back up the bowl looked to be about half full. I didn't think anything of it at the time.

Creams have air in them and can settle without losing measurable weight. In that state they will also feel more dense. If it is lower than the top of the container and still feels smooth and light, then you may have an issue.

I've received a settled container, but added a bit of water because it was thick like soft wax. It was fine after that.

I use a tub of TOBS Natural Shaving Cream bought off Amazon. It settled, but I've been using it for almost 3 months and I'm only halfway done with it.

I noticed that too with a recent order. It shifts and settles during handling, which gives it the appearance that a lot of product is missing. You will find many comments about this. I had an empty TOBS tub that I weighed on a kitchen scale and it came out to 60g. When I put the full unused tub on the scale, it was 239g, which gives us a net of 169g even though the label says 150g.
That suggests that there was actually more in the tub than expected, or maybe the new tub is actually different (and perhaps lighter) than the old one. I won't know until I'm done with the tub. Remember, when they fill these tubs, they are not filled to the top. They probably fill them to the bottom of the threads and the product shifts during handling.

I use TOBS Sandalwood and Eton College. Haven't had the volume issues but I did notice something else. The Sandalwood is far less creamy than the Eton College. The Sandalwood appears to be more like a soap while the Eton College is extremely creamy so you just dip the brush in and away you go. I wave to swirl the brush on the Sandalwood to load it on the brush. Has anyone experienced the different consistencies? I recently bought a second bowl of the Sandalwood and the consistency was the same as the first.

When I first started wet shaving, I went through pretty much the entire TOBS lineup. Some were definitely creamier than others. I was surprised because I assumed that the basic cream was the same and only the scents were different. Since then, I've used other creams and sometimes experienced the same thing within a brand. I don't know what's at play here, but in my experience the same product will sometimes have some inconsistencies when it comes to creaminess.

For example, The Gentlemens Refinery shaving cream is usually very creamy. But I purchased a travel size tub to take on a trip in January and it was almost as hard as a soap.

Could be shelf life. I had a tub of tobs that was creamy and scoopable at purchase turn into the texture of a soft soap after I ignored it for a few years. Didn't affect the performance at all.

Could be shelf life. I had a tub of tobs that was creamy and scoopable at purchase turn into the texture of a soft soap after I ignored it for a few years. Didn't affect the performance at all.

Agreed... I have 7 tubs of various scents, and have ordered the Peppermint twice. The first time it was creamier. The second time a bit more firm. Either way the shave was great.

Top Bottom