What's new

New kind of barbasol!

So I ran across a new kind of barbasol yesterday.
Well new to me at least....
It's purple and,,, well here's some pics...
View attachment 635305
View attachment 635306

Has lanolin like the hard to find yellow, bUT also chamomile, corrageenan, Irish moss, vitamin E, and aloe!!!

I'm not a big canned foam guy but had to buy it.
Sorry if they're sideways, my uploads are doing that for some reason

Sadly, still has isobutane, propane, and sodium lauryl sulfate in it, too. The amount of the moisturizers they put into is minuscule, and nowhere near enough to overcome the drying properties of SLS, at least for my skin. The moisturizers are the last ingredients (in case you didn't know, ingredients are listed in order to how much of them is in the product. So, water is the most abundant ingredient, followed by stearic acid, then triethanolamine, and then isobutane.

Enjoy it, but no thanks.

I got some at our local Walmart and all the cans that were there a few weeks ago are gone. I really like it, but I'm a Barbasol fan. I think anyone who uses Barbasol will love this stuff.

Since stuff like this isn't on the Barbasol website and it doesn't seem to be readily available, I'm wondering if this is a product that Barbasol is test marketing, or it was a product that was brought out, didn't sell, then was discontinued and there's still a limited supply lying around. There was another cream called Barbasol Ultra that got good reviews, it came out then sorta vanished, many websites I checked either say "out of stock", or "unavailable at this time".
$Ultra.jpg

shaved today with barbasol foam.
totally rich, thick lather, but disappointed me in poorly hydrating (eg soaking) the whiskers.
lots of cushion and protection, but minimal whisker softening.
only did one side and one pass with the can.
finished shave with regular old Haslinger Shafmilch, which albeit not as thick, was more moisturizing and more comfortable.

$barbasol foam filarmonica canoe february 10 2016.jpg

Sadly, still has isobutane, propane, and sodium lauryl sulfate in it, too..

I assume the butane and propane serve as propellants/fluffifiers and not "active ingredients" in any meaningful way.

But yeah, it does have a detergent in there just because it's a cheap and easy way to make "lather."

I assume the butane and propane serve as propellants/fluffifiers and not "active ingredients" in any meaningful way.

But yeah, it does have a detergent in there just because it's a cheap and easy way to make "lather."
Of course, they isobutane and propane serve the role of propellants; I still don't want any of that stuff in my can of shave lather.

On second thought, I don't even want to use a can of shave lather at all, so I guess everything is OK. lol.

So I ran across a new kind of barbasol yesterday.
Well new to me at least....
It's purple and,,, well here's some pics...
View attachment 635305
View attachment 635306

Has lanolin like the hard to find yellow, bUT also chamomile, corrageenan, Irish moss, vitamin E, and aloe!!!

I'm not a big canned foam guy but had to buy it.
Sorry if they're sideways, my uploads are doing that for some reason

My local wal-mart had this on the shelf today, I might have to give it a try! I just find the lather of Barbasol (any variety) to be so airy that it provides very little protection. The after shave feel is awful too, your skin is so dry from the stuff. Maybe, just maybe they added enough moisturizers and goodies to this one so that it doesn't leave your skin feeling so dry. Wishful thinking perhaps? I don't know. If anyone else tries it before I do, Be sure to post a quick review!

Top Bottom