What's new

What is Stonehaven exactly?

Trying to find out what kind of blends I like.

One of my favorites is stonehaven. I like the flavor and thin flake consistency of the tobacco.

What else should I try that might be in the same vein, since stonehaven is as easy to find as sweetened condensed unicorn blood?

Thanks

8 years and 20lbs of pipe tobacco cellared, with 6 being stonehaven, I've yet to find anything remotely similar. Penance I can point to 2-3 extremely close clones but not the coveted stonehaven.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
8 years and 20lbs of pipe tobacco cellared, with 6 being stonehaven, I've yet to find anything remotely similar. Penance I can point to 2-3 extremely close clones but not the coveted stonehaven.

My thoughts exactly. I always thought of it as my "dessert" blend.

I have smelled it, studied it, analyzed it to death and all I can get is 5% of cherry, 90% imperial stout beer, and 5% chocolate.

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose
Have you tried University Flake?

Agreed. It's not Stonehaven, but it's in the ballpark and pretty good in its own right.

You might also consider Erinmore flake, 4th Generation 1931 flake, Rattray Wallace Flake and Rattray Malcolm Flake. Those are all in the same general family as Stonehaven and are tobacco-forward blends that are heavy on the burley, and have a lightish fruit topping. You may find one or more of those kind of scratch the same itch that Stonehaven scratches for you.

Thanks for the input all. I have tried university flake, but it was a while ago. I remember it rating like a cigarette, might be gone to give it another try

Hirsute

You know, if you stoved some university flake, that might get it closer to Stonehaven and diminish the cigarettey characteristic.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!

I would like to here what comes close to Penzance so I can place some in my next order.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I actually like SPC plum pudding better, but to me they are similar.

If you happen to have stonehaven, I'd be up for trading my penzance for it....

I have a sample of Stonehaven that I haven't got around to smoking yet, so I cannot trade. Is SPC Seattle Pipe Club?

Star of the East (flake only NOT bulk oddly)

Drew Estate Meat Pie

Both are what I find to be verrrrrry close and possible clones to Penzance.

Not my place to enforce anything, so please take this as a friendly reminder... I think this is, strictly speaking, prohibited except in The Stock Exchange subforum.

Sweet smokes.

I'm sure they are PMing about the Superbowl tomorrow! I just sent out a pm too......let's go Jet's

All esoterica tobacco is so sought after that in the federal spending bill recently passed, all communication about the existence of esoterica tobacco only take place via one-on-one. This removes the drooling on keyboards, smart phones and tablets which can result in electrocution.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Star of the East (flake only NOT bulk oddly)

Drew Estate Meat Pie

Both are what I find to be verrrrrry close and possible clones to Penzance.
Someone sent me some Meat Pie. It is pretty close, and much easier to get.
I tend to agree. I had some three year old +/- SPC Plum Pudding today. I was really very enjoyable!

I will try it out.

Hirsute

To my palate, the closest I've tasted are SPC Mississippi River, Esoterica Margate, and Drew Estates Meat Pie.

Seattle Pipe Club Mississippi River is wonderful. My memory didn't think it was like Penzance for some reason. Sigh......guess I need to smoke a bowl :)

Esoterica Margate reminded me so much of And So To Bed. I thought it was 5-10% more floral but the same as ASTB.

Guess it's gonna be a two bowl night to refresh my
memory - darn....

Top Bottom