What's new

What is Stonehaven exactly?

Ok! 2 tins pulled from the cellar today, each with about 2 years of age. Opened one, stoved half in a jar for 2 hours. Baked the other tin at 160 f for 7 hours. Theyre cooling now and tomorrow ill smoke the regular UF, the stoved, the tin baked, and some Stonehaven to see if any of my trials nudged UF toward Stonehaven more.

I am really excited for these results!

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose
No master here! I do everything pretty much as you described, but I keep the water clean under the bottom of the lid.. probably about 60% of the jar is covered. Also, I was told to keep the jar sealed for a week or two after stoving, so I mostly stick to that.

Well gang, I'll take Mat's advice to let things rest a week before opening them. I don't know if it will make any difference, but I've had several batches of tobacco Mat stoved and they've all been good, so I'll let everything sit for a week and have some fun next weekend. Stay tuned!

Hirsute

Yep, I get to open them this weekend. I'll post pics and tasting notes for my little experiment.

Hirsute

It affects the sugar in tobacco, as I've heard it, so Virginias more than others. But they all benefit. It's essentially artificial aging. Best results are to take something with some age, say 3-4 years, and drive that. Will taste like it has 10 years. Also useful for helping to marry a blend and make it more unified.

Hirsute

Should have read "stove that" instead of "drive that." Autocorrect really messes me up sometimes.

Experiment is underway and I'm smoking the blends. Will have the report up in a few hours.

Ugh I know exactly what you mean. The highlight of my Saturday was jarring up several pounds of tobacco for cellaring.

I agree and if it is, then we tell NO ONE until we get our orders in becuase it's going to be sold out everywhere by morning.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
I agree and if it is, then we tell NO ONE until we get our orders in becuase it's going to be sold out everywhere by morning.
I think we've not heard from Hirsute, yet, because he's busy cornering the market!

Hirsute

I think we've not heard from Hirsute, yet, because he's busy cornering the market!

Lol! I'll post once I've bought the worlds supply of UF. Just kidding. Got delayed playing toddler games. Last bowl will have to wait until I get the kiddo down, then you'll get the results. Very interesting so far!

Top Bottom