What's new

Manchurian brushes on Ali Express, anybody tried?

Safe bet? They say 100 percent manchurian badger brush for 79 bucks. What do you guys think? 26mm

I checked it out. Those look like pretty standard badger bristles to me, not Manchurian in the sense that Simpson or other brush makers call bristles Manchurian.

And that's part of the problem with buying brushes, there's no standardization for grading badger bristles.

But the vast majority of badger bristles come from china, they could all easily be called "Manchurian".

It's possible that might be a perfectly serviceable brush, it does look like a nicely made knot. Unfortunately there's only one way to find out. Do you feel like gambling?

Last edited:
I checked it out. Those look like pretty standard badger bristles to me, not Manchurian in the sense that Simpson or other brush makers call bristles Manchurian.

And that's part of the problem with buying brushes, there's no standardization for grading badger bristles.

But the vast majority of badger bristles come from china, they could all easily be called "Manchurian".

It's possible that might be a perfectly serviceable brush, it does look like a nicely made knot. Unfortunately there's only one way to find out. Do you feel like gambling?

Hmm you gave me something to think about, you're right.

Gambling? ehhh... not right now.. haha

Thanks for the input mate, I appreciate it. I guess I will hold off until I have the extra extra, extra change. I still have a lot on my wishlist like a Thater or a Duke 3 before I could gamble.

It really is man, but a little steep. Heard some not so good things about the ones on sale though..

If you're looking for a great brush at a great price check out the Rudy Vey group buy. That Shavemac 2 band knot is incredible!

If you're looking for a great brush at a great price check out the Rudy Vey group buy. That Shavemac 2 band knot is incredible!

Already signed up bro! I'm very excited, my first Rudy Vey and first group buy ^_^

Top Bottom