What's new

Pasteurs Pharmacy on Lexington Ave?

Going to an appointment in NYC Monday and need to grab some stuff while I'm there. I've been to the E34th street location and it was great but it was a 25 minute walk from my location and I'm a little pressed for time so I was thinking of trying the Lexinton location which is 12 minute walk. Will I be disappointed with the Lexington location or should I just go to the E34th location? I'm just a little concerned the big NYC meet up last week at the 34th st location may have left the place a little dry. Decisions decisions :blink:

lol, i doubt it's dry :)
I prefer the 34th st (just 'cuz is closer) but the one on Lex has just about the same stuff.. they're both well stocked.
Take the train to 34th st than walk, might be faster.

i forgot... if you walk from 34th street station to Pasteur, you can stop by Perfumania, get yourself some Tabac.

Last edited:
The Lexington Ave store is the size of a small shoe box with enough merchandise to fill a large warehouse. The aisles are only wide enough for one person(a small person at that) so you can expect to get very personal with anyone trying to get by while you are looking at their wonderful collection of stuff. It is a classic New York kind of place.

i forgot... if you walk from 34th street station to Pasteur, you can stop by Perfumania, get yourself some Tabac.

i just purchased myself 2 pucks and the bowl from the online sale!. I shaved with it a week ago and can still smell it on my face :lol:
Its definitely good stuff! I love the combination of scents it left in my brush with all the other soaps. But I might do what you said and take the subway. I'll start at the Lexington location and jet over to E34th if I'm disappointed

The Lexington Ave location, despite being a bit more confined space-wise, is my favorite of the 2. That may be because I discovered the uptown store first, or it may just be to do with the fact that after visiting the 34th St. location, I found there to be no real difference in terms of what they have in stock. All things being equal, you never forget your first!

A little late for your purposes, but 34th has a more extensive and better displayed collection, especially of the artisan stuff (although 59th is improving). The shave stuff aisle is also a wee bit roomier (but both are a bit cramped).

34th street was definitely no where near cleared after the meet.

A little late for your purposes, but 34th has a more extensive and better displayed collection, especially of the artisan stuff (although 59th is improving). The shave stuff aisle is also a wee bit roomier (but both are a bit cramped).

34th street was definitely no where near cleared after the meet.

Thanks I walked over to the Lexington Location and was quite impressed. Despite what everyone else said, the inventory is not that similar at all. I was in a rush and got there at 7:55am and waited outside till a female who worked there was banging on the door yelling for the gentleman who was supposed to be opening. He showed up at 8 o'clock from the deli and opened up and turned around to me and said "who are you and what do you want? Are you buying something?" I just responded "yes" and he said "oh I thought you wanted something from me, like a job." I walked in like I said in a rush. Smelled everything with the middle aged gentleman watching over my shoulder the entire time. He must have thought I was going to steal something because I had my backpack with me? I still need to go back to the Lexington because I had all of 5 minutes to browse. But I definitely had a better experience the last time on 34th street.

I was in the 34th street store last week, just in time for Leon the owner to bust my chops about missing the meet up. I never saw it posted here. In any case, the store seemed fully stocked.

My son is going to NYC for 8 weeks of training this summer. I have already alerted him that I am sending him on an acquisition mission.

I was in the 34th street store last week, just in time for Leon the owner to bust my chops about missing the meet up. I never saw it posted here. In any case, the store seemed fully stocked.

I heard about it from the guys on YouTube since I'm not on Facebook. I'll just go to both from now on since they both are pretty different

I did not see it posted here either, apparently it was a youtube site thing. SWMBO just walked into it by luck.

Top Bottom