What's new

Maggard Razors now selling the Mongoose razors.

Boy, Maggards is really taking off. Pretty soon they'll need to open a second location. Hopefully in the northwest.

I ordered mine yesterday. They are a class act. They are also selling fast. When I ordered mine at 5PM yesterday,there were 39 in stock--today 28 in stock---better get them now boys.

Last edited:
They really do have amazing customer service. I pulled the trigger on one of the last 5 yesterday and
i can't wait.

They really do have amazing customer service. I pulled the trigger on one of the last 5 yesterday and
i can't wait.

Be sure to let us know how you like it after you try it out. It can be aggressive but if your technique is good it shouldn't be a problem.

Ordered mine from that batch at Maggards, and it's tracking to arrive tomorrow. Can't wait to give it a go! Grabbed some Feather AC Pro and Pro Supers, along with a separate sampler pack from TryABlade. Given how much I'm liking injectors, I suspect I'm going to dig the Mongoose.

I have been using both the Mongoose stainless and the Bamboo for several weeks now
and in my opinion, the Mongoose gives a much better shave.
The handle does not slip as the Bamboo and the weight conforms perfectly with the head.
Have tried several blades and the Mongoose comes in first in all categories for my face.
They are both great razors but the handle on the Mongoose is excellent with a non-
slip feel which makes for a more secure grip while shaving.

My experience was just the opposite. I liked the Mongoose a lot, but when I got the SE1 I found it to be the same concept as the Mongoose, but executed with more finesse. I found the two razors to be roughly equal in efficiency, but the SE1 seemed smoother, and the lighter head with its curved top seemed more agile.

The handle is a non-issue for me, since I use a Jurgen Hempel Titanium handle on both razors.

Recently I sold the Mongoose, although I still have an Alumigoose V2.

With the SE1, along with my Cobra Classic, I no longer feel the need to run out and purchase every new SE using the Feather AC that comes out.

Although I probably won't be able to resist the Asylum Rx. :blushing:

--Bob

My experience was just the opposite. I liked the Mongoose a lot, but when I got the SE1 I found it to be the same concept as the Mongoose, but executed with more finesse. I found the two razors to be roughly equal in efficiency, but the SE1 seemed smoother, and the lighter head with its curved top seemed more agile.

--Bob

All but the Cobra use the same concept as the Mongoose. I think it boils down to mostly the type of angle and blade exposure. The angle of the blade you can change by just raising the handle when you shave. That leaves blade exposure as the main difference. I had the Mongoose B2 and found it about average exposure of the blade. I sold it. I now use the AlumiGoose V1 which is a bit aggressive with what seems to have more blade exposure than the others. Although I haven't shaved with the Cobra in couple of years so I'm going on memory with that.
I haven't used a Mongoose B3 razor so I can't compare that one.

I have the Mongoose B3 (maybe the most aggressive of the SSs) and the Alumigoose V1 (apparently the most aggressive of all the gooses). The Al V1 definitely has a more open blade, but oddly enough the result for me is the same with each razor--one shaves as close as the other (which is very close, each using the Feather Super Pro blade).

I've never used a Feather Super Pro blade. I don't see the need for it. The Feathe Pros are sharp enough. It seems everyone wants to try the Supers. If you can't get a close shave with a Feather Pro then you must have some really tough beard.

Top Bottom