What's new

few changes Ive notice with a DE

first Ive noticed my skin changing. The pores on my nose are getting smaller, I guess its from the cold water splashes?

Ive noticed the skin on my neck seems tighter (for lack of better term) first I thought it was just remnants of the shave cream but I didn't shave yesterday and skin steel feels tight.

My stubble seems MUCH coarser. I have no idea why my beard feels different. I remember way back I would go to supercuts for a hair cut and I was always asked if someone used a *something, maybe razor?* on me last time I got a hair cut. Perhaps it is the way the razor cuts the hair?

No answers for you David but I noticed my stubble has also grown more coarse and it wasn't soft to begin with. Maybe it just seems that way in relation to a smoother face? I'm not sure but I like to think it's nature trying to fight back - stubble vs cold steel! :)

In terms of the tightness perhaps you're using a product with astringent properties?

heres the thing, a cartrige shaver leaves the hair cut at an angle, while a DE leaves the hair almost "flat headed" so the stubble feels different, makes it feel a bit thicker and harsher, but it just becuase the tips are cut differently,

heres the thing, a cartrige shaver leaves the hair cut at an angle, while a DE leaves the hair almost "flat headed" so the stubble feels different, makes it feel a bit thicker and harsher, but it just becuase the tips are cut differently,

+1...Almost everyone who starts shaving with a DE after using the dreaded cartridge notice the same thing. Can't say I know anything about skin. I can say that my face and neck feel GREAT after six months of DE shaving. I chalk it up to good products, and the way the DE blade cuts.

Regards,

I noticed that too, I figured it is because the hair is actually sliced, rather than being torn.

Top Bottom