What's new

Peterson St Paddy's Day 2016

I must say, I am not thrilled with these! I was planning on picking one up this year until I saw what they looked like. So plain! They kinda look (via internet pics, so ymmv of course) like every other pipe out there with a few little tweaks. I really wanted one of the ones with the celtic weave engraved around the bowl.

Over here havin a wee bit of Jameson and I must say, I'm a little bummed on these!

(pics aren't working for some reason...)
http://www.pipesandcigars.com/pipes/102711/peterson-2016-st-patricks-day-pipes/?slide=1

Sorry Tim , yeah they're green , the POY (Pipe of the Year) are usually better , more elaborate , and expensive . Peterson less so than Dunhill < YIKES ! But they're Collectors Items . ... I dream of a Dunhill ... , came close to taking the plunge a few times , but ... Muy Dinero ! Maybe one day ... . I'm a sucker for (I think) the 4110 Sandblast , Bing style Billiard . Oh well .

Sorry Tim , yeah they're green , the POY (Pipe of the Year) are usually better , more elaborate , and expensive . Peterson less so than Dunhill < YIKES ! But they're Collectors Items . ... I dream of a Dunhill ... , came close to taking the plunge a few times , but ... Muy Dinero ! Maybe one day ... . I'm a sucker for (I think) the 4110 [Sandblast] (correction) >Shell briar < (same thing in other words) , Bing style Billiard . Oh well .
... Correction Dunhill Shell Briar group 4

I have to agree, I always look forward to the beautiful briar grains in green color with a nice silver band on there somewhere... brown pipe with orange in the band doesn't say St Paddys day to me.
(Kinda just says regular everyday pipe)

Commander Quan

Commander Yellow Pantyhose
I thought the same thing, although the Christmas pipes haven't been that great recently either, and Peterson didn't even release a Father's Day pipe in the US last year.

The green pipes are handsome when they are new, but the stain doesn't last. I bought a Green 999 Spigot about 5 years ago that is now just a disgusting shade of yellow.

I thought the same thing, although the Christmas pipes haven't been that great recently either, and Peterson didn't even release a Father's Day pipe in the US last year.

The green pipes are handsome when they are new, but the stain doesn't last. I bought a Green 999 Spigot about 5 years ago that is now just a disgusting shade of yellow.

That's good info to have. I've had to talk myself out of a green spigot on more than one occasion.

Commander Quan

Commander Yellow Pantyhose
This is not my pipe, but it's doing the same thing as this one. I assume the more it's smoked the more the color will break down and eventually it will be a more natural color.

proxy.php

I also saw reports of the green stain doing that, so avoided them. I was super tempted on those ones that had the knotwork like engraving on them, though I resisted that model as well due to the green stain.

I have the 2013, which was a great looking grain with the nice silver band stamped with the shamrock and year. None of the St Pat pipes since 2013 really impressed me much.

I have the 2013, which was a great looking grain with the nice silver band stamped with the shamrock and year. None of the St Pat pipes since 2013 really impressed me much.
Yeah, the 2011, 2012, & 2013 were all pretty similar - broad silver band with the shamrock and the date. I think the stains were the only differences. I have a 2012 St. Pat's 999 that looks great and gets regular use.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!

Thanks for the info. They look so great new, I would be disappointed after it faded, though.

Sorry Tim , yeah they're green , the POY (Pipe of the Year) are usually better , more elaborate , and expensive . Peterson less so than Dunhill < YIKES ! But they're Collectors Items . ... I dream of a Dunhill ... , came close to taking the plunge a few times , but ... Muy Dinero ! Maybe one day ... . I'm a sucker for (I think) the 4110 Sandblast , Bing style Billiard . Oh well .
2015 was green. The 2016 has a walnut stain.

I wonder if it'd be worth a try to re-stain it once the finish went to hell. Strip off the wax, a little Pelikan Edelstein Emerald, then a few fresh coats of carnauba. Hmm...

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I wonder if it'd be worth a try to re-stain it once the finish went to hell. Strip off the wax, a little Pelikan Edelstein Emerald, then a few fresh coats of carnauba. Hmm...

If you even want to make a Baystate Blue pipe, I have some ink to send you :biggrin:

Top Bottom