What's new

Increased growth

Hi All.
I was wondering if daily shaving (straight razor) increases facial hair growth. Especially interested if it will increase hair growth at 34. It's just if I do ever want to grow facial hair again I hope a few "patchy" parts might be a bit more substantial.

Any info would be great

Cheers
Marty D

Hi All.
I was wondering if daily shaving (straight razor) increases facial hair growth. Especially interested if it will increase hair growth at 34. It's just if I do ever want to grow facial hair again I hope a few "patchy" parts might be a bit more substantial.

Any info would be great

Cheers
Marty D

That is one of the shaving myths that I've seen debunked around here. Your whiskers are going to grow at the same rate regardless of how often or with what tools you use to shave them.

Ahhh great stuff.
Nice to get an actual answer... Something google seems to be against ha

Regards

I don't know. I keep shaving the hair on my back but it seems to keep coming in thicker and in more places.

Hi All.

Any info would be great

Cheers
Marty D

I don't know. I keep shaving the hair on my back but it seems to keep coming in thicker and in more places.

What they said! Wherever you want it to go grow more-it won't; wherever you wish it wouldn't grow as much it will.

marty

What they said! Wherever you want it to go grow more-it won't; wherever you wish it wouldn't grow as much it will.

marty
Yes, and when you get older it will fall out of your head (where you want it) and sprout up out of your ears and your nostrils (where you'd rather not).

Shaving wont effect your natural genetics as far as growth rate and coverage goes. It doesnt matter what you shave with or how often.

However, your facial hair will continue to mature even in to your 40s. More density and broader coverage continues to develop strongly throughout our 30s, and some men even experience improving growth and coverage into their early 40s...

Apparently achieving a great shave on your face makes hair grow on your ears and in your nose. No sooner did I get good shaves on my face than I start grown hair everywhere else.

A lot of folks says it's myth but to be honest I think it's true, at least in my experience or my perception.

No. Facial hair growth is purely genetic. I've been shaving since I was 13 years old, and my beard came in pretty good at around 19. But it's grown in very little since then with some of the patchy areas...and I'm almost 24. Shaving does not make you grow more beard, it's just a myth.

Shaving wont effect your natural genetics as far as growth rate and coverage goes. It doesnt matter what you shave with or how often.

However, your facial hair will continue to mature even in to your 40s. More density and broader coverage continues to develop strongly throughout our 30s, and some men even experience improving growth and coverage into their early 40s...
+1 I'm 38 and my beard is fuller than it was a year or two ago.

Newly growing hair is thicker and gets worn thinner with time. Psychology also comes into play. I know I feel my beard growing more and I think it's because I'm thinking about buying shaving gear.

Seems it's not shaving that encourages hair to grow. I grew a beard last year for 4 months, shaved it off then grew it again. I had the same length and density in 3 months. Shaved it off and grew it again. I got the same length and density in 2 months. I'm 51.

Top Bottom