What's new

king cobra handle question

Today about 4:15 pm I've got an email from clasic shaving that king cobra is back in stock ( I subscribed to this alert many months ago). Ordered it on a spot, they already charged my Paypal. Checked couple of hours later, it was out of stock again. Somehow based on the look I don't like this black resin handle.
Does somebody know who might manufacture stainless steel or any other metal handle.
I know UFO but they don't take any orders and these pieces became more of collectibles art which are kept in safeboxes then some sort of practical things. Prices are matching the demand, obviously.
I need something reasonable. What might be the cost of adapted and lastly does somebody managed to modify the thread on the head reduce it, so it can be used with standard handle that would be my preceded solution

First off, congrats on getting one. These razors are excellent and extremely difficult to obtain.

The handle is a bit larger and I don't see a handle from one of my other razors working well on it, even if the threads did match up (which they don't). You'll see what I mean when your razor arrives.

The black handle is actually pretty nice. Very nice grip and it balances the razor out nicely. I heavier solid stainless steel handle would make this large razor very heavy. I believe the black part of the handle is made from aluminum and not resin. I don't feel a strong desire to replace the handle on mine.

However, I did see someone on EBay that was making replacement handles for the King Cobra a while back. I think they were around the $100 mark or maybe slightly higher.

Not sure about any kind of adapter but if your wanting a replacement handle for your cobra try jurgen hempel. He's your best bet as of now since UFO, law and triad no longer accept customs and in some cases no longer produce handles at all.

The first adapter I ever saw was made by LAW which stood for Lucero And Wallis (their last names); it also stood for Latheworks And Wetshaving. LAW is now defunct.

Toby, whom owns Triad, is not making or taking "custom" orders, but this may not preclude adapters. It looks like Toby just needs a break to reassess and decide what and when he wants to sell his shaving related goods. He did say he will still be producing handles, just not custom order handles. Toby has made a King Cobra handle adapter.

Thanks to everyone for the feedback. I'll see how original handle works first and then see.
I didn't realize black was anodized aluminium it looks like resin

Hi gentlemen, do you know where can I buy a handle for my new king cobra razor? I like the original handle, but I prefer the bulldog or the UFO handles... Thanks in advances!
I'm Italian...so excuse me for my English

UFO has stopped taking ANY orders (custom or non custom) long time ago.They announced it on their webpage. Don't know if they even still have webpage I saw it few months ago.

Bulldog handle regular DE will not fit because KC has a different thread, May be the can make you a custom handle, possibly for high price or you can try and find an adapted, they exist or at least existed.
BTV I wanted to change the handle as well, but found a stock one OK, it's very grippy, can't drop the razor even if you try.

I see this is old post. Anyone know if anyone makes the ring that is between the head and handle.
proxy.php

Classic Shaving. [emoji4] What is it that you are trying to accomplish by acquiring another one?

It's damaged.
proxy.php

Emailed classic shaving and they said this.
Unfortunately, we do not carry or offer replacement parts for the King Cobra, nor do we have any current plans to carry the King Cobra or restock it.

Christine Heneise
Customer Service Support
The Grooming Network

So heads up no more king cobras produced.

I am sorry about the damaged piece. I was hoping it was something less serious, like pairing with a custom handle.

Off the top of my head I do not know what to say. Maybe there is an artisan that could make you one...even out of something other than metal?

It's damaged.
...Unfortunately, we do not carry or offer replacement parts for the King Cobra, nor do we have any current plans to carry the King Cobra or restock it.

If there are one or more small machine shops local to you, take the parts with you and show them what you want matched to what e.g. thread metrics and adapter width. I've had adapters made for telescope equipment this way, relatively quick and not too much $$$ if you find someone who enjoys turning out something different that could lead to future references. If the guy has an interest in wet shaving, he'll probably do it for next to nothing.

The downside is the finish. It will have whatever surface comes out of the CNC, nothing fancy.

Good luck!

It still appears on their website as "Sold Out" (both King and Classic), but you can't place a request to notify by e-mail when back in stock.
To tell the truth, I don't know if this is an indication of anything, since I didn't have time to check if you can place such requests for other items,
since Classic Shaving changed their website design, since my last visit few weeks ago

Very sad , It was a trailblazing product and Cobra Classic shave is one to beat ( rivals by ATT SE Bamboo ).

As far as I know Galco manufactured them as a side product in the breaks between their main lines - handguns accessories.
This black handle for King is identical to material Galco uses to manufacture gun handles

Interesting.

I didn't know that. That Classic changed hands or the manufacturer was Galco.

I suppose with so many present and upcoming razors that accept the artist club blades it is a different market today than it was even a a couple years ago. I wonder if Mongoose will be diversifying soon.

Two things about the broken piece.

1. I know that there are companies like Jurgen Hempel making aftermarket handles for the King Cobra. Triad has made some as well, though they are harder to get and as a result likely much more expensive. There's one Jurgen Hempel Titanium model in stock at Bullgoose right now. I'm wondering if this handle takes the place of the damaged piece. I suspect that it does and would render the broken piece no longer needed. You could seek out some pics of King Cobra razors with aftermarket handles to see.

2. If I were going to pay a machine shop to make a custom piece for the razor it would be an adapter so that it could use standard handles from other makers. If you were to explore this I suspect you wouldn't be the only one interested. I know I wouldn't mind owning something like this for mine as well, so if you get someone that would do it for you please let me know.

Top Bottom